Please help--Regarding Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverBandCry!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nevermind

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't see a question in that post...but did you try to get to the lab early? If I'm going to an unfamiliar place I usually give myself plenty of time to get acclamated and find my way. I don't think you can hold it against any of the staff, unfortunately =[.

Turkeyman said:
I didn't see a question in that post...but did you try to get to the lab early? If I'm going to an unfamiliar place I usually give myself plenty of time to get acclamated and find my way. I don't think you can hold it against any of the staff, unfortunately =[.

Yeah but the thing is my prof is sometimes lenient and gives extra time. This grad student adamently stated that I had to pass in the exam promptly, and the grad student is not the prof. Also, I had a class so I could not leave 15 minutes early.

Members don't see this ad :)
SilverBandCry! said:
We had an exam in one of my classes but I was ill and so I contacted my professor regarding a rescheduling a time for me to take it. My prof was pregnancy leave (and we were sitting in on another class) and so she told me to contact one of her graduate students and that she would give me the exam. So anyway, I contacted one of the grad students and she specified that I should meet her at a specific lab to take the exam and provided me the directions. It turns out that the directions she had given me were wrong, and I spent fifteen minutes searching for the lab. But I did receive extra time because the grad student told me that she had to leave right away and so I did not finish the exam. I just received my exam back and I got a really bad score and I am really disappointed as I knew the material and could have done better if I had been given more time. Is there anything I could do about this? What could I ask my prof?

Thanks.

If you feel that you were truly wronged by the grad student, then present your case to the professor, but first be sure that you have a valid complaint. Honestly, it sounds like you may not. If you were given the wrong location it might be understandable, but it sounds like it was the directions that were lacking instead of telling you the wrong place (I'm assuming this since you ultimately arrived at the right location). Also, you stated that you recieved extra time from the grad student, so it sounds like the situation was accommodated anyways. Regarding your prof sometimes giving "extra" extra time, I would say that this is a luxury and not something to say is not fair if you don't get it. Just my two cents, but as I first stated, you know the situation and your professor better than any of us, so do what you think is right for you.

Good luck!

OK.. really, deep breath... relax... it was ONE exam (and it wasn't the MCAT). Go have a beer with friends, chill out, and fahgetaboutit.