Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Please help--Regarding Exam

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SilverBandCry!, Nov 30, 2005.

1. SilverBandCry!

SilverBandCry! Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Turkeyman

Turkeyman Trickster Poultry
    5+ Year Member

I didn't see a question in that post...but did you try to get to the lab early? If I'm going to an unfamiliar place I usually give myself plenty of time to get acclamated and find my way. I don't think you can hold it against any of the staff, unfortunately =[.

4. SilverBandCry!

SilverBandCry! Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah but the thing is my prof is sometimes lenient and gives extra time. This grad student adamently stated that I had to pass in the exam promptly, and the grad student is not the prof. Also, I had a class so I could not leave 15 minutes early.

5. medicalbound

medicalbound Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you feel that you were truly wronged by the grad student, then present your case to the professor, but first be sure that you have a valid complaint. Honestly, it sounds like you may not. If you were given the wrong location it might be understandable, but it sounds like it was the directions that were lacking instead of telling you the wrong place (I'm assuming this since you ultimately arrived at the right location). Also, you stated that you recieved extra time from the grad student, so it sounds like the situation was accommodated anyways. Regarding your prof sometimes giving "extra" extra time, I would say that this is a luxury and not something to say is not fair if you don't get it. Just my two cents, but as I first stated, you know the situation and your professor better than any of us, so do what you think is right for you.

Good luck!

6. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    OK.. really, deep breath... relax... it was ONE exam (and it wasn't the MCAT). Go have a beer with friends, chill out, and fahgetaboutit.