Please Help! Uop vs UMich vs. Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dntst2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so far I have narrowed my decision down to three choices: UoP, Michigan, and Buffalo. I have found many things that I really like about each school which is making this decision extremely tough. If anyone can help me by giving your thoughts and opinions I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on where your permanent residency is, what you want out of your dental education, and where you want to practice after graduation. Out of those schools, I would personally choose UoP or Umich because they are both in good locations and offer a lot to their graduates. If you want to get in and out, UOP should be your top choice because its three years...if you plan on specializing, I would say go to Umich, because your chances are higher. No offense to Buffalo, but I'm from Cali and I hate really cold temps. Btw, it is still a good school.

Buffalo: Most Affordable
UoP: Best GP Program, best reputation within the dental community
UMich: Best Ortho Program, best reputation outside of the dental community

all three are good schools. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks I really appreciate your help. I think I have it between UMich and UoP. As of right now I am kind of leaning towards UoP bc plans are to be a GP and I'm originally from the area so I'm pretty comfortable with environment and what not.

Do you think I should take into account where I plan to practice? I'm not really considering practicing in mid west or east coast.

UOP is an awesome school, but just to give u a heads up..since its a 3yr program...ur goin to have classes day and night...u will not have much time to study at all...no real breaks..they really try to cram everything in..thats wat i hear from my friends in comparison to the other schools...dont know too much about the other 2

Thanks I really appreciate your help. I think I have it between UMich and UoP. As of right now I am kind of leaning towards UoP bc plans are to be a GP and I'm originally from the area so I'm pretty comfortable with environment and what not.

Do you think I should take into account where I plan to practice? I'm not really considering practicing in mid west or east coast.

Yes you should take into account where you want to practice. Playa it hit pretty good with his post a few above. A big reason why I am canceling my Tufts interview and declining my NYU acceptance is because I am going to practice in California.