Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Please Help! Uop vs UMich vs. Buffalo

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dntst2b, Dec 28, 2008.

1. dntst2b

Ok so far I have narrowed my decision down to three choices: UoP, Michigan, and Buffalo. I have found many things that I really like about each school which is making this decision extremely tough. If anyone can help me by giving your thoughts and opinions I would really appreciate it!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. playa2652

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    It really depends on where your permanent residency is, what you want out of your dental education, and where you want to practice after graduation. Out of those schools, I would personally choose UoP or Umich because they are both in good locations and offer a lot to their graduates. If you want to get in and out, UOP should be your top choice because its three years...if you plan on specializing, I would say go to Umich, because your chances are higher. No offense to Buffalo, but I'm from Cali and I hate really cold temps. Btw, it is still a good school.

4. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Buffalo: Most Affordable
    UoP: Best GP Program, best reputation within the dental community
    UMich: Best Ortho Program, best reputation outside of the dental community

all three are good schools. good luck.

5. dntst2b

Thanks I really appreciate your help. I think I have it between UMich and UoP. As of right now I am kind of leaning towards UoP bc plans are to be a GP and I'm originally from the area so I'm pretty comfortable with environment and what not.

Do you think I should take into account where I plan to practice? I'm not really considering practicing in mid west or east coast.

6. DentalRocks09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    UOP is an awesome school, but just to give u a heads up..since its a 3yr program...ur goin to have classes day and night...u will not have much time to study at all...no real breaks..they really try to cram everything in..thats wat i hear from my friends in comparison to the other schools...dont know too much about the other 2

7. DiNoZeRo2o9

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

Yes you should take into account where you want to practice. Playa it hit pretty good with his post a few above. A big reason why I am canceling my Tufts interview and declining my NYU acceptance is because I am going to practice in California.

8. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student