1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Med_School_Junkie, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Med_School_Junkie

Psychology Student
    Hi! I'm 22 years old and I've just graduated from St. John's University this May. Because of personal issues, my GPA suffered severely and is a 2.35. I know, it's horrible and I feel horrible about it because I was a straight A student.

Medical school has been my dream since I was in the 7th grade. I've been working in doctors office since the 7th grade as well.

Being that my GPA is horrible, I can't get into any PostBac programs. I was wondering what my next steps should be. Should I earn a bachelor's in biology and then apply to a PostBac?

Please, any info would be helpful. I'm desperate.

P.S. I should add that I originally went into St. John's in the bio major, but switched because I couldn't do well with the personal problems.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMidlife

DrMidlife has an opinion
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    search SDN for "low GPA"

Cawolf likes this.
  4. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    You can do a DIY post-bac.

Your fastest route to being a doctor will be to retake all F/D/C science coursework and apply to DO programs.

If you're boning for the MD, do as above, but then get into a post-bac or better, a SMP, preferably one given by a med school

Don't even think about going down this road until your personal problems are fixed.

Gurby likes this.