Please Help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben85

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Tonight I did an internet search for medical forums and stumbled upon this one. In haste I did not pay full attention to the purpose of this forum. I am very sorry about this but I was hoping to get "actual" medical input on a situation I have right now. I'm not exactly sure what the policy of this forum is on it so I apologize if I am doing anything forbidden.

Awhile back when I was getting my routine physical for football it turned out I had a hernia. Well I had it operated on and was put out for all of the season except the final game. In which I injured my back due to my inactivity because I was recovering. I then tore ligaments in a leg in Basketball and then the next year I said I'm through to sports. I really feel like I am ready to go back but I am EXTREMLY worried that the thing that initially put me out is back :(. 3 days ago I noticed a pain in my left testicle. It was noticable at all times. I then happened to be rotating my leg and it popped and I felt a kind of tingle (best way I can think of to describe it) run fron the middle of my inner left thigh all the way up to my hip and down to that side where I was experiancing pain. It seemed to have relieved some of the pain but I can still feel kind of a dull pressure I spose I could say there when walking sometimes or even sitting.

Now I am extremly scared of this putting me out of football again. If something prevents me from coming back this time I am worried my football oppurtunities are over because I will be so far behind everyone else. (I'm on the borderline right now due to the lack of being in football.)

Now is there a way I could tell if I have a hernia before I go in for my physical? I have yet to even talk to the head coach personally about scheduling and everything and was going to ask for my physical form then.

IF I do have a hernia I realize it is probably very unwise but could I grit my teeth and bear it for awhile? If so how long? Summer wouldn't be to bad because I'd have plenty of time for the recovery and not have to worry about football. I am literally petrified of seeing this oppurtunity dissapear in front of me. That is the only reason I post here. Any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated and I apologize again for getting off the purpose of these forums.

Ben Stapleton

Members don't see this ad.

I think I am about to post what you already knew...

You need to visit a physician. If you do have a hernia, then he/she can only tell how serious it is with an examination. Nobody can safely tell you that it is a "benign" hernia over the internet.

By the way, the smaller the hernia, the more likely it is to cause strangulation of the intestines. The quicker you get it repaired the better.

Yes, this subject sounds interesting, indeed.