Please look at my list +/-?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitestripes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am CA resident attending a UC.

Cum. GPA- 3.73
Science GPA- 3.68
MCAT- 37S
Pretty usual ECs

I have many schools here. What should I add/cut? Do I have too many of a certain "range" of schools?

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Case Western
Columbia
UCLA
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
USC
Mt. Sinai
NY Medical College
NYU
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis U
Stanford
Tufts
UCSD
UCSF
UCD
UCI
Univ. Chicago-Pritzker
U Illinois at Chicago
Virginia Commonwealth

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Why UIllinois at Chicago? You are fairly well qualified and have other "safety" schools as well as the fact that UofI accepts mostly instate.

SLU? Take a look at their stats again. I know you want safety schools, but seriously? The neighborhood they are in isn't the greatest either.

Rosalind Franklin (I don't know much about them) but I think they fall into the take a look at their stats again.

I don't think you should pull all of your safeties, but you seem to have a very low aim with the schools you are applying to. Unless your MCAT is very unbalanced you have a shot at all the schools, not saying that great of a shot and I know that CA is pretty tough to get into, but don't shoot so low.

My MCAT is balanced - 13V 13P 11B. So you're saying too many safety schools? I'm just worried, especially with all those horror stories of people with better stats than mine. What schools should I consider adding/removing, other than St. Louis U, U Illinois, and Rosalind Franklin?

Members don't see this ad :)
My MCAT is balanced - 13V 13P 11B. So you're saying too many safety schools? I'm just worried, especially with all those horror stories of people with better stats than mine. What schools should I consider adding/removing, other than St. Louis U, U Illinois, and Rosalind Franklin?

way too many safeties. i'd pull virginia too.

Hi, I am CA resident attending a UC.

Cum. GPA- 3.73
Science GPA- 3.68
MCAT- 37S
Pretty usual ECs

I have many schools here. What should I add/cut? Do I have too many of a certain "range" of schools?

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Case Western
Columbia
UCLA
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
USC
Mt. Sinai
NY Medical College
NYU
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis U
Stanford
Tufts
UCSD
UCSF
UCD
UCI
Univ. Chicago-Pritzker
U Illinois at Chicago
Virginia Commonwealth

Thanks for your help.

Only keep the school that you would go to with 80% certainty.

Applying to schools you would only enjoy attending is a very good thing to do. I love all the schools I am applying to and honestly would be happy attending any of the 14 schools. Assess where you would like to be and what sort of environment you want to be in and choose schools based upon that. Yes you need to apply to a wide range of schools, but not so low down as you have applied. You should be able to add another couple top tier and go for ~5 each of reach, fit and safety schools. And when I say safety I don't mean schools with 30 and 3.5 averages, those schools will wonder why you are applying to them...

You should be able to add another couple top tier and go for ~5 each of reach, fit and safety schools. And when I say safety I don't mean schools with 30 and 3.5 averages, those schools will wonder why you are applying to them...

So then what do you mean by safety? I don't really know who the hell has safeties when pretty much every school has 3.7 gpa.

My MCAT is high, but GPA is mediocre. What should I add?

Which schools should I take out?