WAMC/List Help please! - Completed. Thank you ALL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You have a good DO list though Michigan State has high non resident tuition. OOS MD schools interview few Texas applicants since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. You could try these AMCAS schools:
TCU
Tulane
Roseman
Alice Walton
Belmont
Methodist
 
You have a good DO list though Michigan State has high non resident tuition. OOS MD schools interview few Texas applicants since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. You could try these AMCAS schools:
TCU
Tulane
Roseman
Alice Walton
Belmont
Methodist
Thank you, Faha! I will be sure to do so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Comments on profile, assuming this accurately represents your TMDSAS application.
Student EMT rotations (60 hours): you list 300 hours as an EMT, so you don't need this.

I plan to structure my overall application on personal development through service for different populations. A focus on pursuing this path to learn in detail about different ways to alleviate pain/distress and even educate. Encompassing medicine not only through standard treatment, but also incorporating socioeconomic factors. A combination of upbringing, experiences, and sociology courses I took during undergrad drove me to further pursue meshing social factors and medicine.
You don't have to be a doctor to do this. Everyone in a health professional field should become more sensitive to socioeconomic factors. This doesn't help you "stand out" in mission fit as I expect every medical school to be capable of teaching you about social determinants of health. It's like an accreditation requirement.
 
Comments on profile, assuming this accurately represents your TMDSAS application.
Student EMT rotations (60 hours): you list 300 hours as an EMT, so you don't need this.


You don't have to be a doctor to do this. Everyone in a health professional field should become more sensitive to socioeconomic factors. This doesn't help you "stand out" in mission fit as I expect every medical school to be capable of teaching you about social determinants of health. It's like an accreditation requirement.
Thank you for the feedback! I really do appreciate it and definitely need to look into this more.

I think my next steps should first be really digging deeper into my "why," and then narrating this well. Also, doing more research into each interested school's mission fit and seeing if I align with them well and can show them this. Would these be good next steps? I'm pretty sure that Dr. Emil Chuck has posted some articles regarding this, but would you recommend any other resources?

Some IS schools like UTMB & A&M emphasizing community service and having programs catered towards the homeless, incarcerated, and veterans have really been interesting me.