please Northwestern please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ctwickman said:
Whoa, that's crazy. Thanks for the link.

Haha. The girl quoted in the article (Rena) is in my molecular genetics class and she was complaining today that The Daily misquoted her saying the curriculum is "organic based" instead of "organ based." Now I know what she's talking about!

Members don't see this ad.

VFrank said:
Haha. The girl quoted in the article (Rena) is in my molecular genetics class and she was complaining today that The Daily misquoted her saying the curriculum is "organic based" instead of "organ based." Now I know what she's talking about!

haha - that's funny. i definitely got horribly mis-quoted in the daily northwestern once when i was a freshman. it made me look like such a jack-ass. good college newspaper, at least. good luck to all you guys!

This is from Northwestern's website:

As application file reviews are completed by the Committee on Admissions, interview decisions are made. Applicants whose file review results in serious consideration for admission are invited for an interview. Interviews are held from September through mid February, on selected Tuesdays and Fridays, at the Feinberg School of Medicine on the Chicago campus of Northwestern University. If an interview decision is not positive, the applicant is informed by letter of the Committee’s decision, which cannot be appealed.

Does that mean that if the interview was not positive, they would have sent you a letter pretty much after the interview? I keep thinking about how I answered my interview questions and all the things wrong I could have possibly said - and I've been doing this since NOVEMBER. Can someone please put me out of misery?

Members don't see this ad :)
im confused
is feb 25th the day that they send out the letters... thus we wont hear til AFTER that day
or is that the day by which everyone should ALREADY have the letters sent to them????
this is annoying... f-em

When I interviewed, they said they would SEND OUT the letters by Feb 25, so we could expect them the week after. If you think about it, that makes sense since they only have control over the date they send them out, rather than the date you receive it (some people live far away, etc).
Here's to the first week of March... :oops:

Yes, it seems as if Feb 25th is the decision day. On the US News site, under Feinberg information, the "earliest decision date" was Nov. 19th, and the "latest decision date" was January 25th. If you look back on the SDN threads from November, calls were indeed made by Dean Brown/status pages changed on Friday, Nov. 19th, with letters being sent out the following Monday.

I have it from a very reliable source that the letters will be out by the end of the week (i.e. Feb 25th). Also, has anybody else's status page changed? Mine now says 'A final decision is forthcoming'.

mine also still says a final decision is pending... but since we have no idea what order they make decisions in... chronological, arbitrary, likely accept/deny first... let's keep hope alive!

"Pending" here too. but i didn't interview until really really late (last week of Jan.)

RunMimi said:
No :( My status page still says a final decision is pending. I suppose this isn't good for me?
mine still says that, too. not that i care at this point, though.

I'm still "pending." From previous threads, "forthcoming" means acceptance, and "pending" means.... I don't even want to say that awful W word.

Is that right? Or am I just being stupid?

ramblinwreckie said:
I'm still "pending." From previous threads, "forthcoming" means acceptance, and "pending" means.... I don't even want to say that awful W word.

Is that right? Or am I just being stupid?
i was under the impression that the situation you're talking about only applies to the early acceptances they give out in november. could be wrong, though.

superdevil said:
mine still says that, too. not that i care at this point, though.

mine says final decision is forthcoming.....not putting any stake in this though. who knows....

No final decision is forthcoming for me either, I am still pending. . . :(

I have "A final decision is forthcoming." I guess we'll know sooner or later.

rockstar2525 said:
No final decision is forthcoming for me either, I am still pending. . . :(

ditto here