Please rank these schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njmd55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
Can you please rank the following schools!!
NYMC, Drexel,UMDNJ-NJMS, SUNY Upstate

Members don't see this ad.

not without more info as far as what you are looking for in a school. I suggest taking a peek at an MSAR. It's about the right fit.

Wizard waits for the flames...

What state are you a resident? What place would you want to learn in? NY? Philly? Whatever city NJMS is in? All the schools are pretty comparable when it comes to reputation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys I should have been more specific. I meant rank the schools according to their reputation, residency placement, etc. Their cost and location are not that important.
Thanks for the humor Oz's Wizard!:smuggrin:

I don't think anyone would argue that any of these schools gives a significant advantage with regard to reputation. The advantage of reputation probably only applies to fewer than 10 schools in the US and even there its importance is debatable. These schools are really all in the same tier (although I seem to remember some scandal at UMDNJ-NJMS last year). Considering that, I'd look at which school has a curriculum/grading system/student body that you think fits best with you, plus which location (urban/suburban) you think you'd like to be in or get the most out of. You'll do best at the school where you feel the most comfortable, and the number 1 consideration for getting a good residency is doing well in med school.

And if the environment is all the same to you, go with the cheapest one!

They are all tied... FOR LAST PLACE!

dun dun dun