• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

njmd55

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys
Can you please rank the following schools!!
NYMC, Drexel,UMDNJ-NJMS, SUNY Upstate

W

Wizard of Oz

not without more info as far as what you are looking for in a school. I suggest taking a peek at an MSAR. It's about the right fit.

Wizard waits for the flames...

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What state are you a resident? What place would you want to learn in? NY? Philly? Whatever city NJMS is in? All the schools are pretty comparable when it comes to reputation.

About the Ads

njmd55

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Sorry guys I should have been more specific. I meant rank the schools according to their reputation, residency placement, etc. Their cost and location are not that important.
Thanks for the humor Oz's Wizard!:smuggrin:

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't think anyone would argue that any of these schools gives a significant advantage with regard to reputation. The advantage of reputation probably only applies to fewer than 10 schools in the US and even there its importance is debatable. These schools are really all in the same tier (although I seem to remember some scandal at UMDNJ-NJMS last year). Considering that, I'd look at which school has a curriculum/grading system/student body that you think fits best with you, plus which location (urban/suburban) you think you'd like to be in or get the most out of. You'll do best at the school where you feel the most comfortable, and the number 1 consideration for getting a good residency is doing well in med school.

And if the environment is all the same to you, go with the cheapest one!

dannylee718

The Village Idiot
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
They are all tied... FOR LAST PLACE!

dun dun dun

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.