Please read and Answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashasnarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about MCP Hahnemann, have you heard from them at all? I interviewed there 5 weeks ago and have not heard anything? Tell me a story about this school if you know one. For those of you who interviewed there who was your interviewer, and what did you think of them? What do you think of this school, is is a school worth going to if you get into other schools? Would any of you agree that Temple is the best out of the Philly med schools other than PENN.

Members don't see this ad.

I am on hold for interview at MCP. I think UPenn clearly has the strongest reputation of the Philly schools. In fact, my advisor thinks it is harder to get into Penn than it is to get into Harvard. I would rank Jefferson the second and then Temple or MCP as last. Of course, in general, all the schools in Philly have a good reputation in the medical community. I think what makes UPenn stand out is that it has a large medical center including children's hospital. Jefferson also has a decent sized hospital and center in the middle of Philly. Temple and MCP are probably lower just because of their areas and lack of a major medical center. All else I know about MCP is that they have had a history of some financial trouble in the recent past. Supposedly, Drexel University bailed them out, so technically, it is called MCP Hahnemann run by Drexel University. That's all I know.

My friend chose hahnemann over temple. She said it's more laid back, and the school is much more technologically advanced. I visited hahnemann for a few days during my Penn interview. I was granted an interview at hahnemann, but chose not to accept it because I got in elsewhere. I really liked the students at hahnemann, and the facilities are nice as well.