1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

please suggest

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Harpreet, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Harpreet

Harpreet Junior Member

Hi
    is there any one who has masters form other country, took DAT and got into dental school . I am asking this because i took my DAT and AA/TS/Pat 18/17/13 and my gpa 3.53 But could not get into any school i applied. Please suggest me if anyone knows should i just need to take DAT again or should i take prereq in US also. :confused: Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dr_benj

dr_benj Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would take the DAT again. Your scores aren't great by any means. Try to bring your TS up to at least 18 and your PAT to at least 16.

4. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

Your GPA is good.

Your DAT can get you in, but a HUGE burden on the PAT, I would seriously consider re-taking the it, and just raise it to at least 16-17 on the PAT, and improve your AA and TS by few more points each.

Aim for 18/18/18 as the cut-off point.

Good Luck

5. zimaad

zimaad Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well,

I believe that the dental school prereq's have to be from an accredited school in the US or Canada. If your prereq's are not from an accredited US or Canadian school, you should talk to dean(s) of the schools you want to apply for advice. My guess is that you'd have to retake the prereq's. In addition, your PAT score is fairly low and you would likely need to retake the DAT's to improve that also.

6. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think you can still get accepted as a international student. However, if you are given that status, then the dental schools will expect a higher than average GPA and DAT as spots for International students are extremely limited. Your GPA is competitive, but you need to retake your DAT again. AA of 18 is just around (or slighty below) the average in must schools, so try to get AA and TS of 20 or higher in order for any dental schools to respond to you with an interview.

You should also contact respective schools for more advice and maybe inquire about your status in the 'International Dental Forum'

7. UFStudent

UFStudent Member
    7+ Year Member

If you don't mind me asking ...

-How long did you study for the DAT?
    -Did you think it was harder than other practice tests that you took?

-Overall, what is your feeling of the DAT? Fair, hard, average?

Thanks.