• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Harpreet

15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi
is there any one who has masters form other country, took DAT and got into dental school . I am asking this because i took my DAT and AA/TS/Pat 18/17/13 and my gpa 3.53 But could not get into any school i applied. Please suggest me if anyone knows should i just need to take DAT again or should i take prereq in US also. :confused: Thanks

dr_benj

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Status
I would take the DAT again. Your scores aren't great by any means. Try to bring your TS up to at least 18 and your PAT to at least 16.

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Harpreet said:
Hi
is there any one who has masters form other country, took DAT and got into dental school . I am asking this because i took my DAT and AA/TS/Pat 18/17/13 and my gpa 3.53 But could not get into any school i applied. Please suggest me if anyone knows should i just need to take DAT again or should i take prereq in US also. :confused: Thanks
Your GPA is good.

Your DAT can get you in, but a HUGE burden on the PAT, I would seriously consider re-taking the it, and just raise it to at least 16-17 on the PAT, and improve your AA and TS by few more points each.

Aim for 18/18/18 as the cut-off point.

Good Luck

About the Ads

zimaad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
Status
Well,

I believe that the dental school prereq's have to be from an accredited school in the US or Canada. If your prereq's are not from an accredited US or Canadian school, you should talk to dean(s) of the schools you want to apply for advice. My guess is that you'd have to retake the prereq's. In addition, your PAT score is fairly low and you would likely need to retake the DAT's to improve that also.

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
I think you can still get accepted as a international student. However, if you are given that status, then the dental schools will expect a higher than average GPA and DAT as spots for International students are extremely limited. Your GPA is competitive, but you need to retake your DAT again. AA of 18 is just around (or slighty below) the average in must schools, so try to get AA and TS of 20 or higher in order for any dental schools to respond to you with an interview.

You should also contact respective schools for more advice and maybe inquire about your status in the 'International Dental Forum'

UFStudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
If you don't mind me asking ...

-How long did you study for the DAT?
-Did you think it was harder than other practice tests that you took?

-Overall, what is your feeling of the DAT? Fair, hard, average?

Thanks.

About the Ads