Please tell me our preliminary scores will differ from our official score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamwhatichoosetobecome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got done with the test and felt like I did great... my preliminary did not show that at all. If the bio and chem were much harder this time and the scores are much lower than in past years, does anyone know if theres a chance our composites will increase??

I took all of pearsons practice tests (scored 60-80% range) and studied Kaplan and Dr. collins for a few months I couldn't believe my preliminary when I received it.

Members don't see this ad.

I got done with the test and felt like I did great... my preliminary did not show that at all. If the bio and chem were much harder this time and the scores are much lower than in past years, does anyone know if theres a chance our composites will increase??

I took all of pearsons practice tests (scored 60-80% range) and studied Kaplan and Dr. collins for a few months I couldn't believe my preliminary when I received it.
Was it anywhere below 50%

I think it's highly improbable that it's different since the score is graded by computers. I had computerized tests before and none of the preliminary scores differed from the real score I got later.

You're scaring me now. I studied exactly the things you did and made the same scores. How did you do in the pcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you at least range in your pearson pcat practice score range?
I'm having trouble with bio since the passages are pretty tough.

I'm not trying to scare you, and don't take how I did as an idea of how you'll do I'm not the smartest person ever, but no I scored below the practice test range. I am bummed. It seems everyone else on here did well though so maybe it was just me

I'm not trying to scare you, and don't take how I did as an idea of how you'll do I'm not the smartest person ever, but no I scored below the practice test range. I am bummed. It seems everyone else on here did well though so maybe it was just me

So you scored around the 60% tile?
TRUST ME!!! WE WILL BE ON THE SAME BOAT TOMORROW LOL. I've studied so much and I don't feel like I will do well. Please do not stress it. I am also not the smartest person either, how ever you can try again in September if you feel like it. I spoke to my cousin who took it today and she used the same material as me and made a 40. So don't feel bad. You're not alone.

So you scored around the 60% tile?
TRUST ME!!! WE WILL BE ON THE SAME BOAT TOMORROW LOL. I've studied so much and I don't feel like I will do well. Please do not stress it. I am also not the smartest person either, how ever you can try again in September if you feel like it. I spoke to my cousin who took it today and she used the same material as me and made a 40. So don't feel bad. You're not alone.

Makes me feel better your cousin did that low because I scored a 43.. but scaled score was a 400 which is apparently pretty avg so idk why i'm not in the 50% or higher but honestly expected 70% or better idk what happened. Maybe they'll be scaled more because its a new test. Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow!! Good luck I'm sure you'll seriously be fine!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Makes me feel better your cousin did that low because I scored a 43.. but scaled score was a 400 which is apparently pretty avg so idk why i'm not in the 50% or higher but honestly expected 70% or better idk what happened. Maybe they'll be scaled more because its a new test. Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow!! Good luck I'm sure you'll seriously be fine!!!

Don't feel so bad, just see what the pharm school you want to apply to requires and then you can see if you need to retake the pcat. Thanks a lot! I will def let you know how bad I do lol.

Don't feel so bad, just see what the pharm school you want to apply to requires and then you can see if you need to retake the pcat. Thanks a lot! I will def let you know how bad I do lol.

How'd you do??

I talked with my (hopefully) future school this morning and they still suggested I apply early decision so thats good.