MD Plethora of Study Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smolpuppo21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m an incoming M1 and I’m worried about just drowning in the absolute plethora of resources we can use for boards studying. I’d watch videos and read things about how to use certain sources and make schedules, but working 90+ hours/week to save up for medical school is not helping. Do any current students have any advice on how to approach studying with multiple board resources/how to study in general for medical school?

I appreciate the help! I know that everyone will end up on the same level, but I’m just worried about being overwhelmed and then falling behind my peers in studying.

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

I’m an incoming M1 and I’m worried about just drowning in the absolute plethora of resources we can use for boards studying. I’d watch videos and read things about how to use certain sources and make schedules, but working 90+ hours/week to save up for medical school is not helping. Do any current students have any advice on how to approach studying with multiple board resources/how to study in general for medical school?

I appreciate the help! I know that everyone will end up on the same level, but I’m just worried about being overwhelmed and then falling behind my peers in studying.

Thank you! :)
Ignore it all until you start. Your upperclassmen will tell you resource X works for class Y. It’ll also likely be cheaper to purchase what you need as a class.

At a lot of schools, board resources aren’t super useful at the beginning. I know at my school all the popular stuff had no place for the first half of first semester.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I agree with @Ho0v-man. Your first block will generally be some sort of foundational course so things like sketchy, pathoma, etc aren't really going to help you a ton. We got class discounts as material started to get more relevant and that saved me probably $300? Maybe buy boards & beyond or pixorize (for biochem) if you feel you really want to use board resources. Honestly I was pretty overwhelmed with regular class material at first so adding in board resources would have been too much for me. One thing I would highly suggest though is picking a pre-made anki deck (zanki, lightyear, etc) you like and start it from day one. You'll be able to learn how anki works, see how best to use it alongside your classes, and determine if it's even right for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users