plzz help m wit these

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passiondentistr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
q] From the occlusal aspect , ehich mandibular premolar has most pentagonal form of its crown outline?
first
y shaped second
H shaped second
U shaped second

q] The contact area tat is mostly circular is located on the crown of which Maxillary premolar?
Mesial of first
mesial of second
distal of second

q] which of the crown surfaces of the teeth has a contact area theoritically located at the most cervical leval?

diatal of # 12
mesial of #3
mesial of # 6
distal of # 11
mesial of # 7:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

q1] Y type. Of the 3 types of premolars (H - 4 lobes, U - 4 lobes, Y - 5 lobes), I think Y would most likely have a pentagonal shape because it has 5 lobes.

q2] mesial of the first. This tooth has a mesial developmental depression (that looks circular), which I assume would affect its proximal contacts.

q3] Considering the contact areas from the facial aspect (from the decks)

Maxillary IJ JM JM MM MM MM MM MM
Mandible II II IM MM MM MM MM MM

Distal #12 (Mx 1PM) --> M
Mesial #3 (Mx 1M) --> M
Mesial #6 (Mx Canine)--> J
Distal #11 (Mx Canine)-->M
Mesial #7 (Mx LI) --> J

The options would be Distal #12, Mesial #3, Distal #11. As a general rule, molars have contacts lower in the middle 1/3 than premolars and canines. So, I think the answer would be Mesial #3.

hey thanks .. n few more

Which of the following molar roots is wide faciolingually and concave on both mesial and distal surfaces ...
1) Distofacial of max 1st molar
2) lingual of max 1st molar
3) mesial of mand 1st molar
4) distal of mand ist molar

2. Which of the following primary grooves uniting in the dispal pit on the occlusal surface of the mandibular second molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of the first molar?
a. Distolingual
b. DF Triangular
c. DL Triangular
d. Distal Marginal
e. Distal portion of the central
plzz wit explanation....

E. Tubercle appears on which teeth
1. 8
2. 28
3. 14
4. all

Q1: WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE PROPER AXIAL INCLINATION OF PALATAL ROOT OF MX 2ND MOLAR?
A MESIAL AND LINGUAL
B MESAIL ,FACIAL
C DISTAL, FACIAL
D DISTAL ,LINGUAL

Last edited:
Which of the following molar roots is wide faciolingually and concave on both mesial and distal surfaces ...
1) Distofacial of max 1st molar
2) lingual of max 1st molar
3) mesial of mand 1st molar
4) distal of mand ist molar

2. Which of the following primary grooves uniting in the dispal pit on the occlusal surface of the mandibular second molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of the first molar?
a. Distolingual
b. DF Triangular
c. DL Triangular
d. Distal Marginal
e. Distal portion of the central
plzz wit explanation....

E. Tubercle appears on which teeth
1. 8
2. 28
3. 14
4. all

Q1: WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE PROPER AXIAL INCLINATION OF PALATAL ROOT OF MX 2ND MOLAR?
A MESIAL AND LINGUAL
B MESAIL ,FACIAL
C DISTAL, FACIAL
D DISTAL ,LINGUAL

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
iflossdaily2009

bt distal contacts are more cervical than mesial contacts

so Y nt DISTAL OF PREMOLAR IST MAX ??

in laterotrusive movement working

LINGUAL cusps of MAX 2 premolar
passes ough
Facial embrasure bw 2nd premolar n 1st molar

tue or false???????

rathr it shd go ough lingual embrasure..........pls xplain

attrition can occur along normal areas of contact

a)linguoincisal of mx ant(its rt)
b)facioincisal of md anteriors(what abt this????)

greater crown bulk DISTAL to F-L bisecting plane of a tooth
is most typical of a md

CI
LI
CANINE
2ND PREMOLAR

hmm... but was thinking tat always the 1 premolars r extracted during ortho treatment ,as they easily rotated
??? plzz guys CONFIRM THE ANSWER

hmm... but was thinking tat always the 1 premolars r extracted during ortho treatment ,as they easily rotated
We can't confirm what we can't read. I promise I'm not telling you this to be facetious or condescending, but your shorthand is completely unintelligible.

We can't confirm what we can't read. I promise I'm not telling you this to be facetious or condescending, but your shorthand is completely unintelligible.

Hey what didnt you understand , its just simple language
tat = that
r = are
ortho = orthodontic
plzz = please

this was said in context to the previous question as to 'which tooth can best be rotated during extraction?'
mand 1 pm [ my answer]
mand 2 pm

bec it is more like an anterior tooth resembling the canine .
n Rotation of the teeth r best done for the anteriors.

NOW ATLEAST CONFIRM THE ANSWER !

Sorry for the late reply (Haven't been checking the forum as regularly as I'd like).

There is a card in the decks (Dental Anatomy and Occlusion - C/C) that says on the front "All posterior teeth have proximal contacts in the : Middle Third". On the back of this card, it says:

"All Molars have contacts lower in the middle 1/3 than premolars". Does this answer your question?

iflossdaily2009

bt distal contacts are more cervical than mesial contacts

so Y nt DISTAL OF PREMOLAR IST MAX ??