PM&R Away Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bones&Bourbon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

MS3 interested in PM&R here. I was curious what the "normal" number of away rotations is for a PM&R applicant. I've seen a myriad of answers so I was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

MS3 interested in PM&R here. I was curious what the "normal" number of away rotations is for a PM&R applicant. I've seen a myriad of answers so I was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks in advance!
Depends. Its recommended that most people do 1 or 2. Due to covid, most people do just one and programs are limiting how much are even offered. On the list of things needed for PM&R (things that show commitment research/volunteering/good number of exposure to the field) aways prob little less important than these. Get those things inorder first if u got them nailed down then 1 away should be fine.

I did 1. Most PM&R folks I know did 1 or 2.

I don't think PM&R is one of the specialties where an away is essential. I also assume that you're asking for next year because this year, most everyone is doing 1 rotation regardless of specialty due to the AAMC rules.