PM&R Oral Boards: How to prepare?

Started by Ligament
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who recommend the Archives of PM&R study guides, do you recommend reviewing only the recent set of study guides (6th edition), or also the old study guides as well? It seems that the 6th edition carries the same subject titles as the previous editions, however the vignettes can be quite different. Thanks in advance!
 
Much of the information in the new study guides is similar to past study guides, just new cases. If you are strapped for time just review the new study guides.

Also, I echo the previous recommendations to talk through the cases with your colleagues. I know several people who trained at top programs that failed the oral boards because they blew it off and didn't get used to talking through their responses. This was my first real test where I had to give my answers orally, and you can get lost in your response even if you know your stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Much of the information in the new study guides is similar to past study guides, just new cases. If you are strapped for time just review the new study guides.

Also, I echo the previous recommendations to talk through the cases with your colleagues. I know several people who trained at top programs that failed the oral boards because they blew it off and didn't get used to talking through their responses. This was my first real test where I had to give my answers orally, and you can get lost in your response even if you know your stuff.


Thanks for your response.
 
Are the SAEP's and study guides same or different. SAE's are good for written boards . I am not sure if you have to study them for oral boards
 
I am not preparing for oral boards. Are the study CDs still out there, who can I PM? I am willing to do what it takes as I do very well with audio study guides. Is this thread still alive?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Newbie here... does anyone know where I can download/purchase those cd's? thanks a million...
Please PM if you can help me out..

thanks in advance

~A
 
C
PM Melancholy. He is in charge of the CD's.

I browsed some posts and couldn't find a post by Melancholy to enable me to PM. Do you have an email, link, or other suggestion for me to be able to PM Melancholy....

Anybody else out there with info or access to study CDs. I am highly motivated to get a hold of them and willing to do what it take$. Reply or PM me please.
 
On the earlier posts, people mentioned in preparation for the ORAL boards, studying the "Study Guides from the Archives." Now that the Archives are gone, are you referring to studying Case Studies on the AAPMR website?
 
PM me for more info. Due to the requests, my office will be able to get a few of these 3 CD sets burned and shipped before next week.

Again , PM me for more more info.

Hey guys,

Newbie here... does anyone know where I can download/purchase those cd's? thanks a million...
Please PM if you can help me out..

thanks in advance

~A
I am still interested for the cds. If any one find please inform and help me out. please. thanks.
 
Hi, this is a very old thread, but hopefully someone will see it. I am trying to find the Archives of PM&R cases that you guys keep posting but I can't. Anyone can send me a link? Also, does anyone still have the CDs mentioned above?
Thank you,
 
Just memorize Choi and have a full script that you do exactly the same for each case so you don't miss anything.
 
The purple journal may have similar cases. Have you tried asking people who graduated before you? Remember to practice out loud (what questions you would ask, what your differential will be, etc) so you can get used to speaking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad