PNWU vs UIWSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docuni

Reaction score
Hi I’m planning to do internal medicine or emergency medicine. Not to picky about the location of residency but would eventually like to settle down in Washington.
Help me decide!

PNWU
pro: more established, good match and board pass rate , friendly community, hoping to settle down in Washington after residency
Con: farther away from family , dress code, slightly higher tuition, cold winter

UIW
pro: family support , located in San Antonio gives opportunity for network , some GME on the way
Con: PBL, essay exams , Few day dress code , new school And the first class didn’t graduate yet —> no data on board score and residency match

Members don't see this ad.

I would go PNWU personally if your goal is to stay in the Pacific NW. PNWU entire mission is literally just that :D

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I am in the exact same boat as you in this cycle and I'm leaning towards PNWU. How are you liking it so far?

Hey, I am in the exact same boat as you in this cycle and I'm leaning towards PNWU. How are you liking it so far?
I really enjoyed my interview at both schools, but I ended up choosing UIW mostly for personal reasons. UIW's GME seems to be pretty solid with more coming up. Their first time board pass rate was on par with other new schools, and I really like pass/fail system. Classes have been online so far due to covid, but it has been pretty smooth so far. I have heard that San Antonio is a great city for clinical rotations and other opportunities. Hope you end up choosing the right place for you!

Reactions: 1 user