General Admissions & OTCAS POC resources for applying to OT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MariaOT

Reaction score
I want to start a page that is specific to helping POC with applications to OT graduate school. Feel free to post concerns or tips you have about GRE, personal statements, GPA or anything else.

I applied 2019-2020 application cycle and was admitted to 3 (2 in CA and 1 in WA) out of 4 schools. I currently attend a MSOT program in CA and want to share resources my school/network has provided.

Applying to schools produced a lot of anxiety for me and I frequently checked this forum for updates. I hope this page helps you with navigating barriers that you may be experiencing in the application process.

-----------------------
An event coming up, that specifically addresses Pathways to OT school and OT student support will be on October 8th, 2020. It is hosted by COTAD (Coalition of Occupational Therapy Advocates for Diversity) and is a great place to hear the conversations currently going on in the OT community. Link: IGNITE Series | cotad

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Thank you so much for this forum post. I am currently waiting for some responses from schools! Do you have any advice when it comes to interviews? I am definitely signing up for the seminar!

Hey OTDreamer98,

I personally don't have experience with admissions interviews so I don't have advice. But I did just look at a couple of blogs that might address some questions or nervousness you might have. The websites are below.

I would also like to share that some schools are offering summer intensives/programs for students to gain experience within OT & to make applicants more competitive when applying to Graduate school. Here is a list that I have complied.

Thomas Jefferson University in PA (I think)

USC in CA
They will be starting this summer and I would email to get more info.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for these resources! Definitely looking into them

Hi! Where are you guys applying?