pocket neurology?

Started by JKSD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ah thats disappointing I was hoping it would be as good as Pocket Medicine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah thats disappointing I was hoping it would be as good as Pocket Medicine.

Pocket Medicine is the best 'pocket book' ever made. The Neurology follow up reportedly isn't as great. Go with Mass Gen! Or you can just wait for the audio CD of it I'm recording (I included jokes! 😉 )
 
Pocket Medicine is the best 'pocket book' ever made. The Neurology follow up reportedly isn't as great. Go with Mass Gen! Or you can just wait for the audio CD of it I'm recording (I included jokes! 😉 )

I would love to get my hand on ur CD!!!
 
Buy it. It's outstanding. No neuro resident should be w/o it. Beats mass gen book hands down.
 
As a general rule, I didn't find ANY of the so-called "pocket handbooks" for neurology all that helpful (including the MGH or Washington University handbooks).

My advice is to try simply keeping the textbooks like "Victor and Adams" or "Bradley and Daroff" on your desk at the hospital for help and using www.medlink.com or uptodate web sources for additional supplementation. There's always a computer handy at the workplace...

Yes. The handbooks have some information in them about day-to-day problems for overnightcall...but you can get the same information from your internal medicine buddies and the friendly neighborhood pulmonary/critical care fellows just a phone call away.