Pocket Video devices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bostonredsox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to get the opinions of alot of you seasoned guys. If you guys are at a place where you are responsible for all of the MICU and floor airways, and you do not have a Glide or Cmac or endoscope you can bring with you....what is the pocket device you would feel most comfortable having?

Airtrack
King Vision
Mcgrath MAC
Handheld Cmac
something else I havent heard of

One of the ED docs I worked with told me he bought a king vision for less thqan 1 shifts pay. Gets the reusable head and a bunch of disposable blades which have the channel.

Background im looking into purchasing something of my own in the event I am at a place where I do not have a glide or Cmac available, such as where I am currently though we are trialing a few devices with the intention of purchasing one so I have been told.

Members don't see this ad.

We have the McGrath MAC which was redesigned very well to be intuitive and easy to use, reliable, and much cheaper than the glide. Use it like a Mac laryngoscope. Use your own ETT and stylet. But the battery and blades are proprietary and you have to buy them. Screen is small if you are used to Glide. You should ask the various reps to let you trial them all.

We have the McGrath MAC which was redesigned very well to be intuitive and easy to use, reliable, and much cheaper than the glide. Use it like a Mac laryngoscope. Use your own ETT and stylet. But the battery and blades are proprietary and you have to buy them. Screen is small if you are used to Glide. You should ask the various reps to let you trial them all.

We trialed a mcgrath mac for a few weeks and may even be buying it here. I did like it. But its a but pricy...>$3000 they told me unless you get a deal buying a bunch of them.