-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Podcasts for Commutes
Started by bararaboi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My Dad Wrote a Porno.
Three Brits read the porno one mans father wrote to begin his writing career in his 60's. It's gold.
Three Brits read the porno one mans father wrote to begin his writing career in his 60's. It's gold.
99% invisible
Radiolab
This American Life
Dan Carlin Hardcore history
Snap Judgement
S@#t Town
Serial
EDIT: More Perfect
I had butchered the name of more perfect before.
Radiolab
This American Life
Dan Carlin Hardcore history
Snap Judgement
S@#t Town
Serial
EDIT: More Perfect
I had butchered the name of more perfect before.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
white coat investor podcast
Pediatric emergency playbook
World warII by ray harris
World warII by ray harris
white coat investor podcast
Does the white coat investor podcast go into detail about financial managing techniques pertinent for medical students too? Or is it more geared towards doctors who have finally transitioned into the money earning period of their careers?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
intelligence squared debates
Couple of great podcast suggestions..
Alice isn't dead
Startalk
Startalk
99% invisible
Radiolab
This American Life
Dan Carlin Hardcore history
Snap Judgement
S@#t Town
Serial
Imperfect Union
Bunch of great podcasts in this thread, but I'll second Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.
D
deleted707454
Good Job Brain
How I Built This
How I Built This
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Joe Rogan podcast - always entertaining
If you are trying to decide on a specialty I highly recommend The Undifferentiated Medical Student
Hidden Brain
Undifferentiated Medical Student
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Undifferentiated Medical Student
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sawbones
538 politics podcast
Only human
538 politics podcast
Only human
politics? TrashSawbones
538 politics podcast
Only human
Forget podcasts. I suggest you get an Audible subscription and then use your credit to buy this book:
The Blade Itself
You can always go to your local library, they usually lend out audiobooks through overdrive.politics? Trash
Forget podcasts. I suggest you get an Audible subscription and then use your credit to buy this book:
The Blade Itself
**** Town is captivating.
I have a fairly long commute, and I listen to more comedy and politics than anything medically-related. So, I would suggest The Daily from the New York Times for a quick 15-20 minute world news update, and Pardon My Take/Pat McAfee Show for sports comedy. If you want straight sports talk then Colin Cowherd's 'The Herd' or Mike and Mike.
Pod Save America!
I have a fairly long commute, and I listen to more comedy and politics than anything medically-related. So, I would suggest The Daily from the New York Times for a quick 15-20 minute world news update, and Pardon My Take/Pat McAfee Show for sports comedy. If you want straight sports talk then Colin Cowherd's 'The Herd' or Mike and Mike.
Many of the major newspapers also do nice pieces on Spotify. They do their reports of each topic in 10-15 minute segments that you can skip through or choose one by the track name
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not exactly a podcast, but I always enjoy ZdoggMD's stuff on youtube. Against Medical Advice, Incident Report, etc.
Appreciate the recommendations here... I've been a die-hard fan of the Adam Carolla network of podcasts, but I got a podcast app and will start checking some of these out for variety.
Made it through the first season of Serial today - very interesting.
My recommendation would be The Weekly Infusion, hosted by Dr. Drew Pinsky (of Loveline fame) and an ED physician discussing a variety of issues which are generally related to medicine, some more tangentially so than others.
Made it through the first season of Serial today - very interesting.
My recommendation would be The Weekly Infusion, hosted by Dr. Drew Pinsky (of Loveline fame) and an ED physician discussing a variety of issues which are generally related to medicine, some more tangentially so than others.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not a podcast, but "WireTap with Jonathan Goldstein" from the CBC is like a comedy This American Life/Radiolab: essays and interviews interspersed with phone skits.
Last edited:
EMRAP. Pretty much the most useful podcast for medicine as it covers emergency medicine, aka: everything.
"Dan Lebatard Show with Stugotz" is king of sports talk/comedy. They're big on inside jokes so you'll have to listen for a bit to really get into it but now it's arguably the best 90mins of my day.I have a fairly long commute, and I listen to more comedy and politics than anything medically-related. So, I would suggest The Daily from the New York Times for a quick 15-20 minute world news update, and Pardon My Take/Pat McAfee Show for sports comedy. If you want straight sports talk then Colin Cowherd's 'The Herd' or Mike and Mike.
Also recently started listening to NYC Crime Report with Pat Dixon. Super dark/offensive comedy if you're into that sort of thing
JREI'll keep this short and simple: I recently started a research opportunity that entails somewhat of a long commute. Can anyone recommend podcasts I could listen to? I just finished my M1 year.
Check out the Hippocratic Hustle Podcast. Its a podcast for women physicians (and med-students and residents). Starting next week we will also have biweekly episodes with MissBonnieMD a dermatologist and personal finance blogger to talk about financial topics (student loans, physician mortgages, retirement planning, etc). Its aimed at women but I think men would enjoy it too!
Sattar's sweet sweet voice. #pathoma
Sattar's sweet sweet voice. #pathoma
This is the right answer. But if you're looking to mix it up, Dustyn Williams of OnlineMedEd makes for a good time on any commute/date/family gathering/party/day at the beach.
D
deleted407021
Serious Inquiries Only 👍
Ear Hustle is a new one out today produced and made by two guys in prison. Definitely a good one to start following.
2DocsTalk is seriously underrated.-Sam Harris Waking Up Podcast
-2DocsTalk
-EMcast
If you're interested in surgical residency at all, or just academic medicine. Check out the Rocky Mountain Surgery podcast.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emergency Medicine Cases
EMCRIT
Dr. Weingart is just amazing
It felt real cutting edge for a long time but the recent podcasts are a bit lackluster.
Radiolab!!!!
Medical Podcasts? Ugh.
My favorites are already listed....Pod Save America, Hardcore History, and Pardon My Take.
My favorites are already listed....Pod Save America, Hardcore History, and Pardon My Take.