podiatric school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

August0814

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some help in finding information out on podiatric schools. I am deciding between Scholl and Ohio. Any information would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

If you were interviewed on site, did you spend time speaking with students and finding out how satisfied they are with the ambience and the education? Did you find out how much experience you will get working with clinic patients? In larger cities like NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago there are no shortages of clinic patients. If you are a "happy camper" wherever you are you will be lessed stressed out, do well, get your degree and open up shop wherever you want to. Ultimately, your skill depends on you, not the podiatry school.

If you are a capable podiatrist your patients will be satisfied and you will be satisfied. Patients will not choose you because they know what podiatry school you graduated from and check with their list of
prestige podiatry schools.

here's all i know about podiatry school. I am currently enrolled in Master of Biomedical Science program at Barry University. Meaning that I am basically taking most of my classes with Barry's Podiatry students. Here's what i feel, i don't know nothing about the different podiatry school but from listening to the pod students, it's not about the school, not even the residency (most are 2-3 years...primary care/surgical/orthopedic residency). What i learn from them is that the biggest difference one podiatrist have on one another is the location they practice. I mean if the amount of income is not an issue to you than it's not a problem but from what i learn is that In big cities, podiatris may not do well because of the keen competition with M.D. especially orthopedics. In Miami, the average income of first to tenth year practicing podiatrist is about $30 G's to 40 G's while a friend if mine practicing in Missisipi (it's his 5th year out of residency) is making 75-80 G's. I know this probably is unrelated to your question but hope it helps. Good luck in school
smile.gif