Podiatry Equipment/Supplies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SM761987

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you in private practice - what are your go to companies to order equipment and supplies from? I've heard names like MooreMedical, Alimed, Henry Schein get tossed around.

What about podiatry specific products?

Dremels can be quite expensive. FileStream and Medicool seem to be popular but more expensive. Do pods buy Dremels from hardware store and just autoclave the nail bits?

Dr. Jills and Pedifix are good for dispensing toe spacers in my opinion

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dremeling toenails is disgusting.

Reactions: 2 users
We have a tendency to be unkind/"direct" to each other and there are definitely variations in practice across the country. Additional, a PM news survey indicates a lot of podiatrists dremel - like the majority. That said - Pronation is correct (and I'm waiting on airbud and cuts, etc). Its disgusting. We are physicians but we want to fill the air with fine garbage nail fungus materials so that ...we and our staff can breath them. So that our office and environment where we see post-ops and perform surgery can be contaminated.

Don't dremel. Don't make your staff dremel. Throw your dremels away. If patients ask for it tell them it contaminates your office where you perform surgery and follow surgery patients. Tell them that podiatrists who have been evaluated in studies have fungal growth in their lungs at a much higher percentage than the normal population.

Also, its not necessary.

Some patients expect it. Wish them the best of luck with their next podiatrist.

Good thread otherwise. We use Henry Schein. Not sure how it compares.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NO Dremel. Simple. I don't want to breathe it, they don't want to breathe it. Put your foot down. Who cares if you lose a few patients. Repeat no Dremel.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve never used a dremel and will never use one. My patients don’t really request it though. They are just happy to have their nails cut

Reactions: 1 users
Moore and Schein are our main suppliers but we’ll also use the internet to find things we need.

No Dremel.