Podiatry Prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llmoser

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any podiatry schools that don't require the traditional prerequisites (12 Biology, 8 Chem, 8 Orgo etc..)?

Podiatry is a relatively new (but serious) career consideration for me, and as a second year Language and International Health student, I am not on track to finish these prerequisites in my normal coursework before I graduate. My original (and still serious) plan was to go back to nursing school and work my way up to a DNP, so I still have a pretty heavy science and health background with a good GPA, I would just prefer to not spend an extra semester or year completing these classes.

Does such a school exist?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any podiatry schools that don't require the traditional prerequisites (12 Biology, 8 Chem, 8 Orgo etc..)?

Podiatry is a relatively new (but serious) career consideration for me, and as a second year Language and International Health student, I am not on track to finish these prerequisites in my normal coursework before I graduate. My original (and still serious) plan was to go back to nursing school and work my way up to a DNP, so I still have a pretty heavy science and health background with a good GPA, I would just prefer to not spend an extra semester or year completing these classes.

Does such a school exist?

Unfortunately not. Someday the powers that be will have biochemistry/anatomy/cell bio will become mandatory instead of a full year of general chemistry and physics, but until then we have to obey the laws of the AACPM/AAMC.

Good luck applying and have a great day :)

most schools require the same courses as most MD/DO schools.

Some may take Biochem in place of Orgo II

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
can someone tell me if the following courses are used in the BCPM gpa?
-Animal Behavior
-Evolution
-Ecology
-Genetics
-Communicating Biology
-Intro to Botany
-Ecophysiology
-Calculus 1
-Intro to Stats
Thank you.
Math is not used in DO science GPA, but counted for Pod and MD.

I don't think Animal Behavior is counted. Everything else should be, but it also depends on some other factors.

Reactions: 1 user
Math is not used in DO science GPA, but counted for Pod and MD.

I don't think Animal Behavior is counted. Everything else should be, but it also depends on some other factors.
To find out for sure should I contact the school? Animal Behavior is part of my bio major and is under biology.

To find out for sure should I contact the school? Animal Behavior is part of my bio major and is under biology.
It's not the school that determines it but the AACPMA

You can look up science GPA categories and courses. Not all courses are listed, therefore course description and department of the course might come into play.

Reactions: 1 user