Podiatry Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amint32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN friends...I wanted to create this thread to inquire more about the "hierarchy/pecking order" if you will when it comes to podiatry residencies. I have spent a decent amount of time doing my own research, attending zoom meetings about said programs, visiting their respective websites, and of course reading the SDN reviews and other student reviews from my school. These have given me somewhat decent insight about how the program is structured and what the program focuses on/is known for, however a lot of the informational meetings seem biased(I cant blame them for hyping up their program, they should!!) and the reviews seem very subjective and sometimes contradictory from one to the next. So therefore, I am inquiring to get peoples opinions on the "top" "more reputable/most known" programs throughout the country. Again, I understand these are opinions and are no way 100% objective, but I just feel like most people view program A, B, C etc. as well known/better programs and are curious as to what those are since some of the posts about this topic are dated as well.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The "top" program is whatever one you spend time at and believe will give you the opportunity to learn, develop, and most of all, not be miserably unhappy for 3 years. I understand what you're asking, but just like you mention reviews you've seen are "very subjective and sometimes contradictory from one to the next", so too is everyone's list of top programs. It all depends on what your personal goals are and what you prioritize as important in a residency experience. If your goal is to do one of the competitive fellowships and be the person doing a bunch of crazy recon and revisional cases, there are programs I'd point you towards. However, if your goal is to land a job in a particular area of the country or in a specific type of practice, there might be another list of programs I'd point you towards. Bottom line, it all depends on what you're looking to do. Feel free to DM me with more specifics about your goals and I'd be happy to offer some opinions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
there are some great programs that are never mentioned on here. some "top" ones that are in name only.

best advice I can give you is the TERRIBLE ones usually stay TERRIBLE. check the scramble list out every year and you realize it's the same programs on it every time. (some good programs do scramble -- so make sure it's a trend obviously).

there are some great programs that are never mentioned on here. some "top" ones that are in name only.

best advice I can give you is the TERRIBLE ones usually stay TERRIBLE. check the scramble list out every year and you realize it's the same programs on it every time. (some good programs do scramble -- so make sure it's a trend obviously).
That makes total sense and I will definitely have my eye out for this list! Thanks a lot much appreciated!

I have spent a decent amount of time doing my own research, attending zoom meetings about said programs, visiting their respective websites, and of course reading the SDN reviews and other student reviews from my school.

The only way to know if YOU are suitable for a program or not is by listening to your seniors and their evaluations and your time during the externship. Everything else, including what's written on this site, should not be a decision-making factor.