Podiatry Student Lifestyle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1) Temple's first year classes and Fall semester of 2nd year really aren't mandatory. A couple here and there are, but the majority aren't. Spring of 2nd year and Fall of 3rd year are pretty much all mandatory.

2) First year we had class usually from 10-12 and then 1-3 Monday-Friday. Second year sometimes we would start at 9 (possibly 8) and end at the LATEST 5, but that was extremely rare. Third year...well I'm in class roughly a million hours a week. Free time slowly decreases as the years go on. First year and even second year you should have plenty of time to go out on weekends, unless there's an exam on like Monday or Tuesday. I would study pretty much every day except the night after an exam.
 
1) Temple's first year classes and Fall semester of 2nd year really aren't mandatory. A couple here and there are, but the majority aren't. Spring of 2nd year and Fall of 3rd year are pretty much all mandatory.

2) First year we had class usually from 10-12 and then 1-3 Monday-Friday. Second year sometimes we would start at 9 (possibly 8) and end at the LATEST 5, but that was extremely rare. Third year...well I'm in class roughly a million hours a week. Free time slowly decreases as the years go on. First year and even second year you should have plenty of time to go out on weekends, unless there's an exam on like Monday or Tuesday. I would study pretty much every day except the night after an exam.

Thanks for your response. If it's possible, could you estimate how many hours per week you spent on average "doing podiatry school". 50-60 hours first year, 65 second year and now 70? Perhaps I'm way off. I know that before exams, it really heats up, but on average.
 
For Scholl there are no "real" attendance requirements.

If I can estimate hours per week for me personally, including class, labs, studying:

1st year: 55-60
2nd year: 40-45
Month before boards: 60
3rd year before Clerkships: 30-35

Theres definitely some weeks that were outliers on both the low and high ends, like the weeks without any tests and obviously finals.

I have no clue how the hours will be starting in January for clerkships but I'm guessing its more than I am used to.