podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

une

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have actually decided to pursue podiatry but i am working and full time school so i dnt have time to figure out what to/how to apply to pod school?

can anyone please tell me the process?

when should i have all my application stuff in?

how many schools of pod are there and how many to apply to with average gpa?
etc please help me out thnx in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

so i have actually decided to pursue podiatry but i am working and full time school so i dnt have time to figure out what to/how to apply to pod school?

can anyone please tell me the process?

when should i have all my application stuff in?

how many schools of pod are there and how many to apply to with average gpa?
etc please help me out thnx in advance!

lol sure, let me hold your hand and guide you along. Also, I'll write your application essay and do your interviews for you.

There is a sticky on the top of this forum.

ok can anyone tell me why i see dat and mcat scores on there? can i do either test which schools take em?

Members don't see this ad :)
ok can anyone tell me why i see dat and mcat scores on there? can i do either test which schools take em?
Are you trolling?

How serious are you about committing your entire life to the profession?

I will happily help you, but you need to understand what you are signing up for. Take the MCAT: you will need to study at least 1 month for it because you need to score 22+.

There are 9 schools of podiatry. The avg. gpa ranges from 3.1-3.4. The avg. mcat ranges from 21-24.

Dude this is information you can easily look up in honestly 5 seconds.

Get your application in as soon as possible, since it's rolling admission. I would suggest get it ready while you spend the next month or two studying for the MCAT. All you really have to do is come up with a personal statement. Go shadow a podiatrist--have you done that?

You will be okay applying by December.

Are you trolling?

How serious are you about committing your entire life to the profession?

I will happily help you, but you need to understand what you are signing up for. Take the MCAT: you will need to study at least 1 month for it because you need to score 22+.

There are 9 schools of podiatry. The avg. gpa ranges from 3.1-3.4. The avg. mcat ranges from 21-24.

Dude this is information you can easily look up in honestly 5 seconds.

Get your application in as soon as possible, since it's rolling admission. I would suggest get it ready while you spend the next month or two studying for the MCAT. All you really have to do is come up with a personal statement. Go shadow a podiatrist--have you done that?

You will be okay applying by December.

I actually hope he/she is trolling because I wouldn't want someone like that to be in the same profession as I am. They will be the one who either fail out, don't get a residency or commit Medicare fraud and get their licenses taken away. They start a flame blog bashing Podiatry left and right and blaming everyone except themselves.

Don't mean to be an @$$, but most of us are also FULL TIME students and do the research as well.
I consider this the near definition of a TROLL. Wants us to tell him EVERYTHING that he can find on http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM CIB-2013 Entering Class.pdf

This may possibly be one of those people that just found out they just got rejected from D.O. school maybe over the weekend or before and just realized that Podiatry school is a medical school.
You are also gonna need to shadow a podiatrist and get a letter of recommendation from them. So I am guessing that you have never shadowed a podiatrist and unless you know one very well you will need to shadow one for maybe 10 times in order for them to feel good about giving you a recommendation. Even for my podiatrist, who I was a patient from age 12 to 18, has been a family friend since I was 12, and I even worked for him, and I didn't feel like asking for a recommendation until shadowing him 10 times this summer.

Don't mean to be an @$$, but most of us are also FULL TIME students and do the research as well.
I consider this the near definition of a TROLL. Wants us to tell him EVERYTHING that he can find on http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM CIB-2013 Entering Class.pdf

This may possibly be one of those people that just found out they just got rejected from D.O. school maybe over the weekend or before and just realized that Podiatry school is a medical school.
You are also gonna need to shadow a podiatrist and get a letter of recommendation from them. So I am guessing that you have never shadowed a podiatrist and unless you know one very well you will need to shadow one for maybe 10 times in order for them to feel good about giving you a recommendation. Even for my podiatrist, who I was a patient from age 12 to 18, has been a family friend since I was 12, and I even worked for him, and I didn't feel like asking for a recommendation until shadowing him 10 times this summer.
I agree.

In regards to the shadowing: when I went to shadow my podiatrist, I came in having done a lot of research into the field. After the first shadowing, he asked if I would like a recommendation letter to please let him know.

So, I think if this person does her/his research, acts like a nice person, and demonstrates an understanding that the podiatrist wants to back, a 1-3 times of shadowing would also be okay...probably.

I agree.

So, I think if this person does her/his research, acts like a nice person, and demonstrates an understanding that the podiatrist wants to back, a 1-3 times of shadowing would also be okay...probably.

Again, I am ASSUMING based off this guys three to four comments from yesterday to this morning that he may not actually have the will and drive to be a podiatrist. So if that is an accurate portrayal of this guy I think he better go more than 5 times.

If you ACTUALLY like podiatry and have done research on the profession maybe 3 can get you there, but I do believe that you won't be receiving a letter of recommendation that screams "accept this kid now."

Again, just my opinion with people who tend to come on here and do sound like podiatry is more of a fall-back plan, while for me it is my ONLY plan!