Policy-heavy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

based_tuskenraider

Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a solid profile for any medical school. Health policy/administration is a pathway outside private practice that most schools have, so I'd imagine you would have good results. Do you have any awards to show for the policy work (e.g. Truman)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a solid profile for any medical school. Health policy/administration is a pathway outside private practice that most schools have, so I'd imagine you would have good results. Do you have any awards to show for the policy work (e.g. Truman)
No awards or fellowships as I pivoted towards health policy very late into my undergrad. I was part of a selective cohort at my school that involved further policy work which is where I won that competition and got those publication opportunities. Other than that, its my internship experiences in policy that I have. I will say they are pretty unique/rare experiences even for an IR/public policy undergrad as most of the other interns I worked with (especially at federal internship) were masters or PHD students with fellowship awards.

Last edited:
Also wanted to add that for awards like Truman I'm usually ineligible as I am not a Govt/Policy/IR major and I've been working as a gap year scribe and not in school anymore. I think if I had started my policy experiences in my freshman or sophomore year I could've had a chance but I started relatively late towards the end of my junior year but oh well glad I got some exposure!

Last edited: