Policy on Re-taking SMP courses in medical school

Started by deleted98530
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted98530

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which SMP's or post-bacc's out there don't require you to re-take their courses in their respective medical school(if accepted) if you have passed the classes in the SMP or post-bacc program already?

I know Georgetown does, but that's the only one I've found so far. Someone mentioned something about midwestern university in arizona and illinois but i'm not sure about that.

Thank you!😀
 
EVMS Med Master's Program but only if you high-pass out of the class (except for Embryology which you have to retake since it's part of the anatomy course you wouldn't take during the SMP).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for your responses! I'll definitely look into Tulane and EVMS.

Does anyone know if KCUMB follows this?
 
I think I read on their site that Midwestern in Arizona does or you can ask for them to wave the courses.
 
Why would you want to skip out on them? A lot of schools want you to have a given amount of credits so you might have to take other courses, plus if you were to have grades, you'd expect to ace them right?