• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Did you contact your #1 choice?

• No, no communication from me since the interview

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, I contacted them a while back telling them my *general* interest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I contacted them quite a few weeks ago ranking them highly

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Yes, I contacted them quite a few weeks ago ranking them #1

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Yes, I recently contacted them and told them I was ranking them highly

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Yes, I recently contacted them and told them I was ranking them #1

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I did not participate in this year's match.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

samdaman

Que Sera Sera
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2003
Hershey soon enough!
Status (Visible)
funny part is, they never contacted me back.. not even once... not even an acknowledgement... dunno what to make of it...
best of luck to all for the match... hopefully, we'll have more details on the ROLs after tomorrow
-samdaman

GCS:3

Allegheny grad
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Visited to ask a few questions, then sent an email telling the PD they were #1...

About the Ads

Dr. Cowboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2003
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
I went back for a second look with my wife to see the town and let the residents know that I was very interested. After all my interviews, I sent an e-mail to the PD letting him know they were my 1st choice.

ERMudPhud

Back for a visit
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by samdaman
funny part is, they never contacted me back.. not even once... not even an acknowledgement... dunno what to make of it...

Same for me a few years ago and I still ended up at my first choice. Don't read to much into what they say or don't say.

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Winston Salem, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Interesting in that there are 27 4th years who answered the poll but you don't see that many posting here. Who are the lurkers?

the "C"

bcsmith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, I contacted my top three each with a personalized business letter detailing my interest. I included reasons they were so high on my list, reasons the location was ideal, and where they would be in my list. (#1 vs. ranked extremely high) I fedex'd the letters to each program to give them a little more umph.

b

NinerNiner999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
Where it's at.
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'll bite. I told my top choice program - and only my top choice program that they were #1 - several weeks back and again last week. I've heard of people telling several programs that they were #1 and I wanted to make it clear that I was not in that camp.

That being said, I told my number two and three programs that they were "ranked very highly." I'm trying hard not to buy into anything any of the PDs told me, since I have recieved nothing but the most vague of responses - even from my top choice program. I guess 23 days will reveal everything. Ahh, I'm going to need a beer or four to put this waiting anxiety to bed...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.