Poll: Which would you choose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which would you choose?

• Oregon Health & Science University

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • University of Southern California

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters

Colonsay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've pretty much decided. Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering why people are choosing one over the other . . .

Thanks!

never heard of oregon. have heard of usc, and the location seems like it would be fun. shirtless rollerblading on the warm, sunny beach, ahh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shredder said:
never heard of oregon. have heard of usc, and the location seems like it would be fun. shirtless rollerblading on the warm, sunny beach, ahh.
Shredder, I love your signature. :thumbup:

Definitely Oregon. It's much higher ranked than USC (at least for Primary Care), the tuition is less (even for out of staters), it would be cheaper to live in Portland than LA and mostly importantly, there's no LA traffic. I went down there for a concert recently and I thought I was going to explode because of the stress. How can you LA people drive in that every day and not go insane? :eek:

Tacrum, that's my feeling exactly, and why I'm leaning strongly towards OHSU - just a higher quality of life.

Colonsay said:
Tacrum, that's my feeling exactly, and why I'm leaning strongly towards OHSU - just a higher quality of life.

Yea Oregon! So please go ahead and accept their offer and reject USC so that USC might want to interview me at the last minute (Oregon already rejected me, :( ). Okay, I don't like LA, but hey, if USC is the only California school I get into I will just have to deal with the traffic [shudder].

congratulations on getting to make this decision. i interviewed at both and absolutely loved ohsu. the students are totally friendly and happy. in terms of academics, they use letter grades but the classes aren't curved. so everyone can do well and this basically eliminates competition but still allows people to get grades on their transcript for residency. it seems like an amazing medical school. plus, portland is awesome and affordable. usc is definitely a great school too and no school can compete with the clinical experience. but i would choose ohsu becuase of the overall experience. unfortunately for me, i am hold post-interview :(

Good luck, Btown girl - I hope you get in and we both end up there. I went to school in Mass.

Tacrum, I'll decide in the next few weeks, before I take off for Europe - I'm rooting for you to get that interview!

Colonsay said:
Good luck, Btown girl - I hope you get in and we both end up there. I went to school in Mass.

Tacrum, I'll decide in the next few weeks, before I take off for Europe - I'm rooting for you to get that interview!

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's too late now, but maybe I'll have a little luck 'o the irish this week.