poor practice score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

integratethis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my first practice MCAT today and I scored a 20 composite on practice test 3. I thought I was going to do a little better. I am taking physics one and bio one now, and physics two in the fall + orgo two. With those four classes + genetics can I get up to a 30? Opinions? Advice? The bio section killed me, scored a 5 :/

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Physics 1&2, bio 1, and orgo 2.....So four pre reqs that I am either taking now, or will be taking in the fall. Also signed up for genetics in the fall, but that's not technically a pre req. Completed the others.

Scoring a 20 on a practice MCAT with like 8 months left to prep is totally fine.

Plus, doing a bunch of pre-req's during the same semester that you're studying for the MCAT is doable but tough. Consider starting with summer classes, or doing self-study on that pre-req material over the summer.

Normally, my go-to recommendation for a kit of MCAT books is the EK package, but in your case I'd suggest you pick up the full set of all TBR science books right now and basically study them over the whole summer. That'll both prep you for the MCAT and make next fall way easier for your classes since you'll have seen the content once already.

You're trying to study for the MCAT without having taken bio 1 or physics 1 yet? Really try to gain mastery of the material as you take those classes.

Yes, I am trying to study for the MCAT and simultaneously finish the pre-reqs. I know my approach is less than ideal, but I am trying to avoid taking the new test.