1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

poor practice score

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by integratethis, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. integratethis

integratethis 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I took my first practice MCAT today and I scored a 20 composite on practice test 3. I thought I was going to do a little better. I am taking physics one and bio one now, and physics two in the fall + orgo two. With those four classes + genetics can I get up to a 30? Opinions? Advice? The bio section killed me, scored a 5 :/

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Heplayer92

Heplayer92 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    When are you taking the MCAT?

4. integratethis

Pre-Medical
    Want to take the Jan 2015 one, before the switch to the new format.

5. ciestar

ciestar 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    So...how many pre-reqs are you missing?

6. integratethis

Pre-Medical
    Physics 1&2, bio 1, and orgo 2.....So four pre reqs that I am either taking now, or will be taking in the fall. Also signed up for genetics in the fall, but that's not technically a pre req. Completed the others.

7. Next Step Tutor

Next Step Tutor MCAT Guru 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN
    Sponsor
    Scoring a 20 on a practice MCAT with like 8 months left to prep is totally fine.

Plus, doing a bunch of pre-req's during the same semester that you're studying for the MCAT is doable but tough. Consider starting with summer classes, or doing self-study on that pre-req material over the summer.

Normally, my go-to recommendation for a kit of MCAT books is the EK package, but in your case I'd suggest you pick up the full set of all TBR science books right now and basically study them over the whole summer. That'll both prep you for the MCAT and make next fall way easier for your classes since you'll have seen the content once already.

8. Strudel19

Strudel19 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    You're trying to study for the MCAT without having taken bio 1 or physics 1 yet? Really try to gain mastery of the material as you take those classes.

9. integratethis

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I am trying to study for the MCAT and simultaneously finish the pre-reqs. I know my approach is less than ideal, but I am trying to avoid taking the new test.

About the ads