Portable OMM Table

Started by karpems
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

karpems

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good portable OMM table? I was looking at the Earthlites, but I have not seen any reviews. My school orders from Stronglite, but they are really expensive. Any advise is appreciated!
Thanks.
Adam
 
I just bought a massage table from Costco for under $200 and it has worked great. The only issue that I am now coming across is that my accuracy with HVLA on the massage table is a lot lower because there is more cushion. It absorbs a lot more of the force, which makes it hard to do HVLA. Our school also orders Stronglites and they are very good. If you want something that will get you by- you can do a massage table. If you want something that will last you for what you want to do- I'd do the Stronglite. Not so sure about other brands of OMT tables.
 
I tried massage tables and OMM tables and ended up getting a golden ratio table from osteopathicequipment.com ($400). The massage tables I looked were not firm enough (ie too much foam) for many HVLA procedures. That said, any table is better than the floor or bed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Costco one isn't bad at all... I got one to practice for practicals at home and was able to resell it after 2nd year.