Possibility of Acceptance rescinded due to dropping of Honors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorguy1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there fellow SDN members, I had a question about my current situation. I was recently accepted into my top choice school which I have been very happy about but at the time of my application I mentioned that I was in the honors college at my school so it was presumed that I would be graduating with honors. The only stipulation of being in the honors college that I haven't completed yet is my Honors Thesis as I was still in the research phase and had planned to make the actual product with my group during the months of March/April. However due to the recent Covid-19 closing of my school, I no longer have any feasible way to meet with my group members and complete my assignment. My university has recognized many other students are in this problem, so they have offered to let us drop the honors thesis and we would not be graduating with honors anymore. My question is, do you think I could have my acceptance rescinded from my school on behalf of no longer graduating with honors if I decide to drop my thesis? Being in the honors college was never a significant part of my application to the school, I just mentioned it in passing in my application once.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no actual authority to speak on this but I highly doubt that any school would rescind for this reason especially since it's due to something so far out of your control. It might be different if you made the choice to drop honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.