Possible Interview Pool at RFU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okayplayer

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Applicant;

Your application has passed through our screening process and you are a part of our possible interview pool. The possible interview status means that you will be under consideration for an interview throughout the interviewing season which runs from mid-October until mid-May. Each year we select 1500-2000 applicants to be a part of the possible interview pool and about 600-700 of those applicants are chosen for interviews. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be notified through regular mail at least a month in advance of the interview dates. We appreciate your patience during the interview selection process and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at 847-578-3204.

Can I take this as a good sign? For someone that hasn't received an MD interview yet, this is like great news I think! :)

Members don't see this ad.

When were you complete and when/how did you receive this news? Interesting. It definitely means you made it passed some sort of cut - however, it could be similar to the dreaded pre-interview hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
okayplayer said:
Dear Applicant;

Your application has passed through our screening process and you are a part of our possible interview pool. The possible interview status means that you will be under consideration for an interview throughout the interviewing season which runs from mid-October until mid-May. Each year we select 1500-2000 applicants to be a part of the possible interview pool and about 600-700 of those applicants are chosen for interviews. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be notified through regular mail at least a month in advance of the interview dates. We appreciate your patience during the interview selection process and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at 847-578-3204.

Can I take this as a good sign? For someone that hasn't received an MD interview yet, this is like great news I think! :)

Was this an e-mail or snail-mail?

i know this is bad, but i don't feel like completing the secondary because of the "life in discovery" essay. argh...

just do it! hammer something out.

I just got this e-mail too. Does anyone know if RF did this in the past? Is this a pre-interview hold or does everyone get this even if RF has already decided they're going to get an interview?

Hi..............I just called RF and they told me that everyone that gets an interview is initially placed in the possible interview pile, and then they get called from an interview from that pile. So I guess first they screen for possible interview, and then out of the possible interviews, they grant people an interview. So, if your in the possible interview pile, your in good shape :)

I got a phone call yesterday asking me to schedule an interview

soumdoc said:
Hi..............I just called RF and they told me that everyone that gets an interview is initially placed in the possible interview pile, and then they get called from an interview from that pile. So I guess first they screen for possible interview, and then out of the possible interviews, they grant people an interview. So, if your in the possible interview pile, your in good shape :)

Sweet!

anystream said:
I got a phone call yesterday asking me to schedule an interview

When were you complete? The lady I talked to said that the first batch of interviewees were already notified, and from now on, the notifications should be coming through snail mail. The next batch should be sent out by the end of September

oh damn. i didnt get this e-mail. this stinks. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
soumdoc said:
When were you complete? The lady I talked to said that the first batch of interviewees were already notified, and from now on, the notifications should be coming through snail mail. The next batch should be sent out by the end of September

I never got a completion notification so I called them about it on 9/6 (I submitted on 8/2). When I called, they said I should hear either way by October (to give you an idea of when decisions are sent out). I think all decisions are sent through snail mail, they just called some of us because they assigned us early interview dates.

When they called, they basically gave me a choice of three dates, all of which are in about 2-3 weeks, and said they were calling me to let me have "advance notice" to schedule flights and stuff.

hang in there beponychick!! :luck: :luck:

chicagomel said:
i was complete 8/19

is that when you got the e-mail. I didnt get the complete e-mail until 9-7. I hope Im still in the running. Weird, I interviewed there two years ago.

Yeah, that's the date I got the complete email. This is what it said:

--
Hello! This is to notify you that your file is complete as of today. ...

Complete 8/19/05. I'm really hoping RFU can schedule me so I can interview here while I am interviewing at CCOM. Would be nice to make one less cross country trip if possible!

:luck:
okayplayer said:
Complete 8/19/05. I'm really hoping RFU can schedule me so I can interview here while I am interviewing at CCOM. Would be nice to make one less cross country trip if possible!

thats when you got their e-mail? congrats!!!! its exciting to get MD interviews! I applied to DO schools last time around tooo but was soo psyched getting the MD ones. :luck: :luck:

beponychick said:

thats when you got their e-mail? congrats!!!! its exciting to get MD interviews! I applied to DO schools last time around tooo but was soo psyched getting the MD ones. :luck: :luck:

Ohh, no no. I am going to be interviewing somewhere in the middle of October at CCOM. So I called the admissions office at RFU and they said that since I was in the interview pool that there was a possibility they could accomodate me! :)

And I know what you mean about the MD/DO. I have 3 DO interviews lined up, but I would like to get 1 or 2 MD interviews so I can compare and contrast. It's all the same in the end, but I'd still like to have a *choice* optimally.

Thanks for the good luck too. :)

beponychick said:

Sorry for off-topic question but why did you decide not to go to a DO school?
I've been debating whether to apply for months now.

Apparition said:
Sorry for off-topic question but why did you decide not to go to a DO school?
I've been debating whether to apply for months now.

It was a personal decision... I did get into a DO school but ultimately decided this option wasnt for me. Plus, I was trying very hard to do a combined MD/JD program at my state school and was accepted to the JD part, but was waitlisted for the MD. I felt that I needed to try again, and two years later, with a higher MCAT, and graduate work, I am re-applying. When I applied the first time around, I went to one DO interview (one I decided not to attend) and 3 MD interviews (all of which ended up in waitlists and ultimately rejections).

I have nothing against DO schools and I was very happy to give up my spot to someone who really wanted to be there. But I think ultimately, you have to decide what you would be happy with and how much effort you are willing to put in to re-applying if you do not make it to MD schools the first time around. I have two MD interviews scheduled thus far and hopefully they go well, but I am prepared to go through this process again...for the third time. It's a personal decision for you, and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Good Luck. :luck:

beponychick said:
It was a personal decision... I did get into a DO school but ultimately decided this option wasnt for me. Plus, I was trying very hard to do a combined MD/JD program at my state school and was accepted to the JD part, but was waitlisted for the MD. I felt that I needed to try again, and two years later, with a higher MCAT, and graduate work, I am re-applying. When I applied the first time around, I went to one DO interview (one I decided not to attend) and 3 MD interviews (all of which ended up in waitlists and ultimately rejections).

I have nothing against DO schools and I was very happy to give up my spot to someone who really wanted to be there. But I think ultimately, you have to decide what you would be happy with and how much effort you are willing to put in to re-applying if you do not make it to MD schools the first time around. I have two MD interviews scheduled thus far and hopefully they go well, but I am prepared to go through this process again...for the third time. It's a personal decision for you, and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Good Luck. :luck:

You don't have to mention anywhere on MD applications that you were previously accepted to med school, right?

Good luck to you too :luck:

Apparition said:
You don't have to mention anywhere on MD applications that you were previously accepted to med school, right?

Good luck to you too :luck:

Well I had to for Einstein. That was a tough thing to explain and perhaps why I still dont have an interview from them. Ha! They must have looked at my application and laughed. But it's ok. Im prepared for rejections. I just really wish that my state schools would interview me. I would go there in a heartbeat! :love:

beponychick said:
Well I had to for Einstein. That was a tough thing to explain and perhaps why I still dont have an interview from them. Ha! They must have looked at my application and laughed. But it's ok. Im prepared for rejections. I just really wish that my state schools would interview me. I would go there in a heartbeat! :love:

where do you have interviews so far? congrats, I think you have an inspiring story

anystream said:
where do you have interviews so far? congrats, I think you have an inspiring story

I have interviews at Drexel and VCU. Im hoping for RWJ and NJMed. :)

After talking to the admissions office I now need advice. I am only able to schedule for 10/12 or 10/13, which isn't super convenient, since I will miss class, prior commitments, etc. However, if I don't take those dates, I will have to be "re-invited" at some point later in the cycle. Does anyone know how this works?

anystream said:
After talking to the admissions office I now need advice. I am only able to schedule for 10/12 or 10/13, which isn't super convenient, since I will miss class, prior commitments, etc. However, if I don't take those dates, I will have to be "re-invited" at some point later in the cycle. Does anyone know how this works?

If I was in your position, I would do whatever I can to make it to one of those two days. :)