Possible to enroll for Spring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mameez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know someone is gonna bash me about this. But since a lot of schools have rolling admissions... is it impossible to apply to go into any Pharm school for a Spring semester? Or are you only able to enter/apply for the following Fall?

Also random- What are the statistics for: # of applicants, # of available seats for any university? Or maybe a ratio of community college acceptances and bachelors.. (just wondering)
I heard 800 applicants and only 75 open seats.. is that number right?

Sorry if there are 100's of other threads asking the same :X Don't kill me lol

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone is gonna bash me about this. But since a lot of schools have rolling admissions... is it impossible to apply to go into any Pharm school for a Spring semester? Or are you only able to enter/apply for the following Fall?

Also random- What are the statistics for: # of applicants, # of available seats for any university? Or maybe a ratio of community college acceptances and bachelors.. (just wondering)

It's not the number of threads it's the fact that not all schools work the same way. In your case, I'm going to feel pretty confident in saying that the school won't let you enroll in the spring. They have a set curriculum most of the time and probably most of the classes have a pre-req from the fall (Human Anat/Phys 2 requires 1, biochem 2 needs 1, etc.)

The # of applications, seats, etc. for a university also vary from place to place. A good place to check IMO is this website. It's pharmcas so you will use it for applying but it tells information on all the schools like the average GPA they accepted, number of transfers, etc. Maybe something there will be relevant to you and your schools. I think the schools are responsible for keeping it up to date though so I can't guarantee the accuracy. The best bet would be to call the school and ask them.

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/directoryalphastate.htm

As for the number of CC people vs university and pre-reqs vs degrees, you have to look at the actual website. Usually they don't care on the unversity vs CC (unless the school requires a class not found at a CC like biochem or immunology then you HAVE to go to a university at some point but I don't think the CC classes count against you.) Personally I think adcoms won't care a lot unless it's a local area where they know both schools and one has a reputation for being pretty easy.

As for the degree vs pre-reqs only... check the site. While they might *say* they don't care, usually if they were stuck between 2 people with similar apps they would probably take the one with the degree just because they have demonstrated the ability to deal with harder materials and show a little more maturity.

Do a search and you can also ask individual questions in the application sub-form area for a particular school. But again, the best bet would be to contact the schools themselves and get this information since things online might not always be the most up to date.

Hope this helps!

Short and long answer: no spring admissions

At UF they gave us a statistic on who had their bachelors... think it was around 75%. The people I talked to from CC's had 4.0's, so IDK if they kinda have to prove themselves or not, small sample size and all. Some schools require a bach, some don't care.

That number sounds about right, the schools I applied to had an average of 7 applicants for each empty seat. Don't let it intimidate you though!