Possible to Transfer from Podiatry to PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

itsallgood19

Hey guys,

Just about a month before finishing my first year at podiatry school...overall i'm liking it and it's been a tough road but i'm just wondering if anyone has heard of transferring over from POD school to a DPT school?

I'm just wondering if this is even possible considering one is a surgical route and one's not, but i've only nearly completed my first year in POD school. Are there any PT schools that are "receptive" to individuals wanting to change health care professions to their school?

Thanks for any input/advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have never heard of anyone doing it. We had a guy finish 1st year and get accepted to the DO program. He had to retake all of the classes at full tuition. At MWU he literally had to retake the same classes he just completed. PT school is not medical school, it is much easier to get into PT than POD at MWU, I'm guessing you should be able to get in if you were accepted to POD school. Good luck, you will be way ahead of your class doing low dyes.