Post 9/11 STEM Extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaBoom'd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here successfully applied for the STEM extension while attending a MD/DO school? I'm wondering if I should use any specific verbiage on the form to increase my chances of success.

I have ~3 months of Post 9/11 benefits left and am waiting for my school to submit my Fall term request so I can apply. I couldn't get a firm yes or no when calling the GI Bill help line but was told to not apply for an extension until I had a certified school request for benefits in their system showing I would run out of benefits within 6 months.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here successfully applied for the STEM extension while attending a MD/DO school? I'm wondering if I should use any specific verbiage on the form to increase my chances of success.

I have ~3 months of Post 9/11 benefits left and am waiting for my school to submit my Fall term request so I can apply. I couldn't get a firm yes or no when calling the GI Bill help line but was told to not apply for an extension until I had a certified school request for benefits in their system showing I would run out of benefits within 6 months.

Unfortunately they will deny you because "we are not taking medical students at this time" at least that was they reply I got in the letter.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

G
are they not taking them because of COVID?

No don't think so. I got denied pre-COVID for residency even though it's on the list of approved program.

damn.... i will try to apply this fall for the spring semester.... i really was hoping for this program to work :(((((