Post-911 GI Bill/HPSP BAH problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

kjayquen

Well, as prior service, my GI Bill benefits just kicked in this last pay period. Only problem is that they kicked in during my ADT timeframe and so instead of getting the full HPSP BAH for my school's ZIP code I only received Type II BAH at the reduced E-5 rate as allotted by the new GI Bill. Anybody else notice this discrepancy? Wonder if I contact my HPSP contacts or the GI Bill contacts....

Members don't see this ad.

Well, as prior service, my GI Bill benefits just kicked in this last pay period. Only problem is that they kicked in during my ADT timeframe and so instead of getting the full HPSP BAH for my school's ZIP code I only received Type II BAH at the reduced E-5 rate as allotted by the new GI Bill. Anybody else notice this discrepancy? Wonder if I contact my HPSP contacts or the GI Bill contacts....

Try HPSP first.

kjayquen-you are the first I've seen on SDN that is using post 9/11 GI Bill with HPSP. Exactly what benefits do you get? Is it just the BAH, or do you get some form of tuition paid for as well?