Post-acceptance to medical school - opting in to P/F (COVID-19)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yungmedstudent

Reaction score
I am a second semester senior in college, and i have (luckily) already been accepted to a medical school that I am super excited about. I am on the waitlist for one school and still have one (virtual) interview left. I finished my pre-requisites already, but I am still taking a full course load to finish my major and minor. I was hoping to go P/F for most of my classes because I really don't want my GPA to drop due to this online transition (thus maintaining honors status on my diploma), as I cannot imagine being more productive at home than I was at school (plus I could finally get a semester of chilling out about my grades before school starts in a few months lol). I realize that they might not care at all, but do we think that I should notify my accepted school on the off chance that they would not allow me to take these final classes P/F? Also, would I need to make the other schools aware of this change since I am no longer taking these courses for a grade?

stay safe y'all

Members don't see this ad.

I am a second semester senior in college, and i have (luckily) already been accepted to a medical school that I am super excited about. I am on the waitlist for one school and still have one (virtual) interview left. I finished my pre-requisites already, but I am still taking a full course load to finish my major and minor. I was hoping to go P/F for most of my classes because I really don't want my GPA to drop due to this online transition (thus maintaining honors status on my diploma), as I cannot imagine being more productive at home than I was at school (plus I could finally get a semester of chilling out about my grades before school starts in a few months lol). I realize that they might not care at all, but do we think that I should notify my accepted school on the off chance that they would not allow me to take these final classes P/F? Also, would I need to make the other schools aware of this change since I am no longer taking these courses for a grade?

stay safe y'all
It would be professional for you to check in with the admissions office to be sure there are no objections to you going all P/F for your last semester's worth of grades. Your biggest concern will be your potential placement on the waitlist if a final ranking is dependent on your spring semester GPA, so going P/F may alter your chances of moving up or down in priority.

It would also be professional courtesy to other applicants to narrow your choices down as quickly as possible.

Reactions: 2 users