Post-Application Distraction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhDClinical

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that all of my applications are in, I really need a distraction so that I'm not stewing in my own anxiety while I wait to hear back from schools. Anyone have any good distraction ideas? 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wii is always good. My girlfriend is getting DJ Hero for Christmas, although she doesn't know it yet! 😀
 

BLAH, damned NIH system blocks that kind of site, stupid government control. I will be in the lab, like normal, doing well blah. Fortunately we got streaming live sports (i.e., english footie 🙂 ) otherwise I would probably die.

I am also a big fan of playing games on the netbook, if anyone else has linuxx they will know what I am talking about, NES and SNES roms anyone? 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about to email in my final thesis. Last night I drank wine and watched Boy Meets World reruns.
 
I'm also going to work on my final draft of my thesis.. Defended it wednesday

I'm vegging out on WoW to distract myself from the worries of applications
 
I'm at home with my family and been watching movies, tv shows, eating, and eating. Just being lazy and enjoying my time and trying not to worry about anything. I'm currently watching "Little Miss Sunshine." I also received a netflix subscription for Xmas so....more movies!!!!
 
I find compulsively checking SDN and the psych websites of the schools I applied to works well for me. Although I guess that's not really a distraction...hmm 🙄