Post-Bac 2024-2025 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on two great acceptances! That's definitely a tough decision. Do you mind if I ask how long after the interview you found out about your BM acceptance? I interviewed recently, so trying to get a sense of how long it usually takes :)
I got a call from BM two days after my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Any updates? Also trying to understand what the turnaround is between interviews and decisions :)
I haven't heard anything from BM or Goucher, but I got offered a deferred admission to Scripps (ie for the 2025-26 cohort) during the interview & then got the official offer letter emailed a few days later!

Congrats on two great acceptances! That's definitely a tough decision. Do you mind if I ask how long after the interview you found out about your BM acceptance? I interviewed recently, so trying to get a sense of how long it usually takes :)
took me like almost a week to hear back. i also have committed there

Members don't see this ad :)
friends just sharing an update I was accepted everywhere I applied except being ghosted by Goucher

I am going with Thomas Jefferson and hopefully will have no regrets rejecting Bryn Mawr. Bryn Mawr was my 1st choice in the beg but as a true career changer I am gauging I will be able to obtain the necessary additional clinical experience better at Jefferson... Any thoughts here is appreciated

friends just sharing an update I was accepted everywhere I applied except being ghosted by Goucher

I am going with Thomas Jefferson and hopefully will have no regrets rejecting Bryn Mawr. Bryn Mawr was my 1st choice in the beg but as a true career changer I am gauging I will be able to obtain the necessary additional clinical experience better at Jefferson... Any thoughts here is appreciated
Just remember what your goal is. Your goal is med school. Bryn Mawr has 98% acceptance rate to med school. You’re most likely not going to be part of the 2%. So, unless there’s something else that’s holding you back I’d think before giving up that spot.

Reactions: 1 user
And to add on to that. post-baccs value their success rates, especially the top ones. If they offered you admission, it's kind of like them saying "hey we think you have a good chance of getting into a med school and we'd like that for our program reputation"

Anyways, congrats! I'm also a career changer coming from a non-stem field so I feel the pain especially when reading rejection stats.

Hi guys :) I applied to Cal State Fullerton and Cal State San Marcos and was accepted at both. Now deciding which one to go with. I really liked Scripps and applied in early 2023 but got rejected :( I was told I could apply again but I didn’t. Anyone else going to CSUF or CSUSM?