Post bac and taking chem II and org chem I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

only4younga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to know if there is any post bac, who are taking pre-requisites, and taking chem II and org chem I at the same time?
I am currently taking both this spring semester (btw, I am doing okay in both classes) and my professor claimed that it is "education dishonest" and is unacceptable. Do you think this will lower my chance into dental school?
I can't really drop the org chem I now..because without org chemI, I will be only taking 2 classes (chem II and bio II). besides, I plan to take DAT this summer....Do dental school look at my transcripts and think that I was dishonest?
Man. it is so discouraging.. please anyone help me and let me know what I should do? Thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. As long as you do well in both classes it is no big deal. I took A&P, and Bio 1 at the same time, and I took Bio 2 and human physiology at the same time. Bio 1 and 2 were technically both prereqs for those classes. The university I was at said that since I was a post bac the prereqs didn't matter. They trust postbacs to know what they can handle.

the professor is a *****. There's no such thing as academic dishonesty with regards to taking concurrent courses even if one is the pre-req for the other. If you can handle the course load, by all means continue.

wtf does Gen Chem II have to do with taking Orgo I ...

Gen Chem I is a pre-req for Orgo I but NOT Gen Chem II (or atleast I don't think so).

Look man, get your 3.5 GPA and / or higher and your fine....