Post bac courses question

Started by GrizzMint
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GrizzMint

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice on choosing between a formal in person but part time post bac where I would be taking all the premed requirements again vs. taking a year or more of higher level science courses at an online university for a medical school application?

I graduated in 2011 having taken all the premed requirements but had an inconsistent uGPA which cumulatively was around 3.1. Science gpa was around the same I believe. Early on in college I got a few D's and one F from my mechanical engineering major which hurt my GPA quite a bit. After I switched and was taking the core science classes I was getting mostly B's with a few C's so I wasn't exactly crushing it there either.

After I graduated I retook some of the core sciences courses at a CC around 2014 and got all A's in them and then I was able to get into a clinical masters program where I did very well. My question is, will it look better to be taking higher level science courses online for a year or so, or to be retaking all these same classes again through a formal post bac? It was been over 10 years since I took these classes at my undergraduate but not from the CC, there its been around 7-8.

Thanks everyone for the advice