Post bac courses question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrizzMint

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice on choosing between a formal in person but part time post bac where I would be taking all the premed requirements again vs. taking a year or more of higher level science courses at an online university for a medical school application?

I graduated in 2011 having taken all the premed requirements but had an inconsistent uGPA which cumulatively was around 3.1. Science gpa was around the same I believe. Early on in college I got a few D's and one F from my mechanical engineering major which hurt my GPA quite a bit. After I switched and was taking the core science classes I was getting mostly B's with a few C's so I wasn't exactly crushing it there either.

After I graduated I retook some of the core sciences courses at a CC around 2014 and got all A's in them and then I was able to get into a clinical masters program where I did very well. My question is, will it look better to be taking higher level science courses online for a year or so, or to be retaking all these same classes again through a formal post bac? It was been over 10 years since I took these classes at my undergraduate but not from the CC, there its been around 7-8.

Thanks everyone for the advice

Members don't see this ad.