Post-bac nononono?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bamma

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone- glad to see SDN is still here.

I am coming back from an undergrad hiatus. I was chasing a major and a course of study that was not working for me (trying to be perfect) and fell flat on my ass. So, now I'm beginning to get myself together (not too much grade damage- one semester of F's for a late drop but otherwise all A's and one B) to begin the real work.

My plan was to switch to a humanities degree that I am interested in, then complete a self-designed post-bac- but I am seeing a few murmurs about a post-bac being looked at as unsavory.

Anyone know what's up?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what your question is.

doing well in your undergrad and achieving the highest cGPA and sGPA possible should be your first priority. then completing your prerequisites in a diy postbac and doing well would make sense. there are a plethora of successful applicants who took some form of coursework after graduating, and many others who did a formal/informal postbac.

Reactions: 1 user
I was a career changer at 37. My first degree was computer science so not much really carried over. I got into a Post-Bac program and made sure I earned an A in every class. Acceptances like crazy from five medical schools. Study hard! Reach your potential!