Post- Bac or other programs for sci. majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karen

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a DO program that will help increase acceptance of science majors to medical school next year? This year is not looking good. I am a Bio & Chem major and I have done most of the "reccomended" extas, besides the minimum courses. Most of the Post-Bac programs only include the basic science for med school, which I have already done.

Members don't see this ad.

Nova has a master program that are bascially prepare the students for medical school. I am a first year in Nova. In my class, there are about 25 master students who take all the core classes with us, such as histology, anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, and neuroanatomy, except those classes that are only for the medical program. Some of the master students will apply for the DO program for next year.

If they can preform with over 90% in any class, they do not need to repeat the class again. Hey even if you need to repeat, everything being exposed for the second time is so much easier. If you have a year to spare, think about this program because if you do well in the master program, your chances of acceptance is very high.