• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

post-bac program, average GPA was 3.9

orangeblossom

5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2011
bay area
  1. Medical Student
    the average GPA of students who completed the post-bac program (1 year program) last year was a 3.9 (NOTE: i don't mean the average UG gpa.. i mean the average pre-med gpa, after finishing the program!)
    wtf???? that seems ridiculously high . it's also a small program, so there can't be any gross outliers. thoughts?

About the Ads

robflanker

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Feb 17, 2009
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I didn't know Yale had a post-bac program; at least its not written about much on here

Plus, some of the Ivies are infamous for grade inflation so some of the GPAs from some of them should be taken with a pinch of salt

orangeblossom

5+ Year Member
      Jan 24, 2011
      bay area
      1. Medical Student
        I didn't know Yale had a post-bac program; at least its not written about much on here

Plus, some of the Ivies are infamous for grade inflation so some of the GPAs from some of them should be taken with a pinch of salt

its not an ivy post-bac program. you think grade inflation is more likely the answer than a class full of gunners/smarts? (i think so too, just clarifying)

robflanker

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Feb 17, 2009
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I think its prob a combo of smart folks and grade inflation - i'd be interested to see which program it is though as I don't know many that provide avg GPAs of people within the program

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.