Post-bac program for vet public health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

earlybunny84

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

What exactly is a vet public health program and what does it entail? Does anyone know some names of these post-bac programs?

Thank you
 
I think most are either Master of Preventative Vet Medicine (like at Davis and a few other places) which require a DVM, or are MPH, which often require a degree beforehand (at least harvard's does).

I don't know of any "postbac" vet public health degrees, but I may well be wrong. However, I do know that the two options above are perhaps the most standard and well-respected ways to get formal degrees in public health.
 
UTK also has a public health program, with a concentration in veterinary public health.