Post bac program that guarantees or almost guarantees entry into a medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joel Murphy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a post bac program preferably that takes one year that GUARANTEES or almost guarantees entry into a medical school.

If someone who has insight on this could give me guidance I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Yup. And if you do some reading on this forum, you will find them.

They also differ whether you are a career-changer, wait-listed at an MD school, or a GPA-recovery candidate

I am a career changer and yes, I've read some of the forums, but I want an updated (2014) answer. Some of the threads on this topic are quite old..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure that it's changed much in the past few years: Bryn Mawr, Goucher, and JHU all boast very low attrition rates and close to 100% medical school acceptance rates. Good luck!

These programs (I would also throw Scripps Post-Bac in there, although it is a much smaller program) have a very high acceptance rate into medical school--however it's also something to think about whether or not it is the students in the program that gain acceptance, or if it's the program that gets the student acceptances. Maybe it's a bit of both, but I'm pretty sure (at least in my program) most of these people would have gotten into med school with or without their post-bac program. That's not to say there aren't benefits to such a program (there definitely is, and I'm positive it's one of the best decisions I've ever made), but don't get into the mode of thinking that it's the school that will get you in. You have to work to get yourself in, and nothing is guaranteed.

These types of programs tend to pick students who will probably succeed with or without the program (with 1-2 charity cases...like me..hahaha...). The average GPA of my post bac class was a 3.7, and the average SAT breakdown was 710 reading and 690 math or something like that. Many of them have also done some crazy things in their past careers (olympic cyclist, wall st, published writer, etc)