Post bac program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medpath

Reaction score
I am trying to determine whether I need to apply to a post bac program. I am a graduating senior and my plan is to take the MCATs in September 2019. I want to work in the medical field during my 2 gap years. I have a 3.7 gpa overall, 3.98 in my psych major but only 3.48 in science GPA. I come from a highly ranked public university. Unfortunately I only have one class to go in the sciences (biochem) and only this semester left since I graduate. I came to my decision to attend medical school pretty late in the game but I have taken all the prerequisites nonetheless. Also does calculus 3 count toward science gpa. I assume it does- i got a B in that and basic bio of all classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you've done most of the pre-reqs and you seem to have a pretty solid GPA, I'd recommend just knocking out the MCAT. A prep course may be helpful if it's available to you, but from what I can tell from the MSAR your stats are pretty competitive for plenty of schools. Of course, there's the volunteering and research stuff, but it sounds like you'll be applying for 2021 admission anyway; there's plenty of time.