Post-bac programs geared towards Osteopathic Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wpeck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Pcom has a post-bac program, but for someone who was looking into doing osteopathic medical school over allopatric medical school; would it be better taking a record-enhancing curriculum at a convential post-bac program over one at an actual osteopathic school and vice versa?

Also, since osteopathic medical schools view the most recent grade; should someone in my situation retake courses or take upper level courses to make my application look better?

My stats are a 3.22, but I have a couple Cs in non-prerequisite science courses; genetics lab, ecology and physical chemistry. My pre-med pre-requisites are all in the B- to A- range. Should I retake those courses or focus more on a upperlevel science track? Would osteopathic schools even look at an upper-level science courses? Need some help here please, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

duquesne also has a linkage program with LECOM. if you're really interested in pursuing osteopathic medicine, you should think about doing a post bacc there because they said that most of their students get into lake erie.

TCOM 1 yr MS in Med Sci